Credit Card Apps | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Credit Card Apps

Gina

Elite Explorer Babe
Reaction score
City, State
Bellingham, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Ok, I need to vent a little

I got my mail today (it was 2 days worth of mail) and I had three, YES THREE, pre-approved credit card applicatinons from Chase Manhattan Bank. I get a minimum of 4 a week from them. Usually more. I called and had myself removed from their mailing list months ago...just did again tonight. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Stupid credit card applications. Maybe that's why so many people have credit card debt...they have to get all these cards in order to stop the junk mail!! I think I'll start sending them my Val-Pac coupons in their No Postage Necessary envelopes. :D

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
Put dead fish in the envelope and send it back. :D is that legal?

ahhjaws

Moab Edition Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Collins, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XLT
See you use the envelope (if its no postage nes) and mail it back with all this bogus crap filled out.:D

Okrazie1

Elite Zoom Zoomer!
Reaction score
City, State
Newport News, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Ranger
Gina,

Call the National Opt-out Center at 1-888-5OPTOUT. This is a single point of contact to request that all four major U.S. credit bureaus remove their information from the marketing lists and pre-approved credit offer lists sold to third parties. This will cut back on the amount of credit card applications and junk mail you will receive.

IgotTwo

Reaction score
City, State
Branchburg, N.J.
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT - 97 XLT SOHC
I have developed my own system to deal with junk mail.

Save the prepaid return envelope.

Why?
Well, in my area garbage is charged for based on volume. So why should I have to tolerate getting that crap and then paying more to throw it out?

The answer is simple:
While you are doing the mail, stuff all the garage they sent you (and any other non descript papers on your desk that are ready to be tossed ....Twinkie wrappers, whatever) into the prepaid return envelope and mail it back to them.

Be as annoying as they are.
Those guys get paid big bucks to bother you. What makes you they will ever stop? …so have some fun.

:D :D

TravisC

My bro, JoshC in Iraq
Reaction score
City, State
Hurricane, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport
Originally posted by IgotTwo
The answer is simple:
While you are doing the mail, stuff all the garage they sent you (and any other non descript papers on your desk that are ready to be tossed ....Twinkie wrappers, whatever) into the prepaid return envelope and mail it back to them.
HAHA, that's some funny stuff. They think they're getting your app back but they just get at Twinkie wrapper.

IgotTwo

Reaction score
City, State
Branchburg, N.J.
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT - 97 XLT SOHC
I did leave that part out for brevity
Imagine the guy who gets this big bulging envelope?

(standing on his desk)
“Thank You LORD!!!!
There must be 10 new applications in this frick'in thing!!
,..NEW CAR ...... talk to me! I made my quota this month! Life is good!!!!”

In closing:
It the only way to respond to a dumb world because you can never win and you cannot fight the system.

:D

matey

Aussie Dude
Reaction score
City, State
Sydney NSW Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
Black 01 xlt explorer
they are really evil bastards gave me 34 grand on my credit card and diners wants to give me one with no limit. i could just take all the money and go live in argentina??

Flounder

Owns 10,000 Marbles
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
'17 F-150 FX4
It's bad when they send them to college kids like that. Then everyone wonders why college kids have CC debts that are unimagineable.

I have one CC, and I hate using it. I just need a way to build credit since I am a college student not on loans (my family is 'too rich' [sarcasm] to qualify -- that's what happens when both have incomes...)

xplorerchic

Reaction score
City, State
South Bend, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Explorer Sport -- F/S!
Originally posted by AdamCKach
It's bad when they send them to college kids like that. Then everyone wonders why college kids have CC debts that are unimagineable.

I have one CC, and I hate using it. I just need a way to build credit since I am a college student not on loans (my family is 'too rich' [sarcasm] to qualify -- that's what happens when both have incomes...)

i had that same problem going to college and it sucked because it took forever for me to get a credit card that i liked and felt comfortable using ... i get on average about 12 a month ... my little cousin got one on her 15th birthday!!! :eek:

Crazy5711

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Twentynine Palms, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport (Dead and Gone)
I hate those things. I just toss em, but remember, if you're going to throw them away, shred em first, or someone might take advantage of your information.

John_Rock

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sexy Sport Trac 4x4
Ah come on Gina, if you get one; in a small way you might be helping to pay my salary. :D

Help feed my kids please!

BTW, I hate advertisers and marketing depts!

edselman

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 4 Door XLT 4X2
Get a pair of gloves, snap em on ,and turn the shredder on. Now, all the ad's the local stores also insist pounding you with can be used for this. Shread em all up into confetti, and then stuff the envelope with it. Really pack it.

do they pay a flat rate, or varying postage according to the weight of these? If they don't pay a flat rate, line the bottom with several fishing line weights, and a special mix of the trash you have around. If you are really pissed off, I guess you could go take a dump, and wipe, then <censored as kids are around> you get the idea ;)

Dane

Mbrooks420

High Voltage.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer AWD
The thing that really sucks, is that evertime someone checks your credit for a preapproval your credit rating goes down.