Crown King, AZ '09 Dec. 18,19,20 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Crown King, AZ '09 Dec. 18,19,20

...Don't be surprised if I have duct tape on the Ranger when I show up...:D

...Anyone know if Duct tape comes in black???..:scratch:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Swapped in the spare alternator. I was able to make the connector I have work with it until the new one arrives. Charged fine with the spare, so I picked up a "new" rebuilt, large case alternator from Autozone. Works better than ever. Idle voltage is about 14.

My throwout bearing is making noise now:( I think it must have gotten a bit rusty from sitting so long. It randomly squeals with the clutch engaged in neutral, and when I am rolling to as stop with the clutch in. Maybe a pilot bearing noise? Unfortunately that won't be an easy fix at all :( I'm going to need a new exhaust when I do that job. Mine is terribly rusted. It will probably fall apart as I break it down:eek:

..Does this mean you will not be making the trip or, your gonna be wheeling the Dodge???:D

Still planning on going. I've been out hammering on it for the last couple days in between working on stuff. Took it out on a nice dirt road by my house for about 15 miles of real fast going. I've also put about 100 road miles on it in the last two days. I think it should do fine. Clutch is holding, just that squeal...

..I'm glad to hear you and the "Pumpkin" are getting to spend some quality time together...:biggthump

...I'm getting anxious for this run and I am hoping a bunch more will jump in here and say they are interested in going too...

Well I am probably out now. I blew up my front D44 axle bad on Saturday in my Jeep so now I get to spend alot of money on a 60 swap instead of on a wheeling trip :(.

...I just got a call from your Explorer....It says you have been wasting your time and money on the Heep and it wanted me to let you know it wants you to take it to either Crown King or Mojave trail in march...

...It also said you would say something like you are saving for the KOH trip and it feels neglected..:p:

From today's news:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/glendale/articles/2009/12/01/20091201memorial1201.html

Investigators have determined that driver inexperience and error played a role in an SUV crash near Crown King that killed four members of a Glendale church last week.

According to the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office, Micah Waycaster, 16, of Glendale, was driving the Chevrolet SUV when it veered off the road and plunged 100 feet.

In addition to Waycaster, the other victims have been identified as Kevin Waycaster, 47, Micah's father; Garry Schneider, 67, of Phoenix; and Robert "Bob" Fisher, a Phoenix man in his 70s.

The Sheriff's Office said one victim was ejected from the vehicle at the time of the crash. Three other victims were found inside the SUV

Ahhhh problems.....
I went out to FJ last weekend and thrashed 2 tires. Had to break into the back up bald freebie set I had laying around. I still have a spare but I'm not sure how long it holds air so I'll check it out this weekend and see where I stand.
Anyone have a set of 35-37s for 15" rims they wanna get rid of cheaply?

...I hate to say it but this trip may not happen for me...:(

...This last weeks work got moved to next week if it don't rain...They are now calling for rain for most of next week down here...:thumbdwn:

..I'm not saying I'm out yet but...

...I hate to say it but this trip may not happen for me...:(

...This last weeks work got moved to next week if it don't rain...They are now calling for rain for most of next week down here...:thumbdwn:

..But I'll be there no matter what

there fixed it for you :D

..But I'll be there no matter what, as long as my gas tank keeps magically full and I don't have to pay for gas...:p:

Better get busy Hocking those C/L parts then :p:

...Nobody is even calling on them this week...I think everyone has spent money on Xmas gifts this year..:rolleyes:

Pumpkin is sick:( Throw out bearing is making more noise and I don't trust that it won't seize up. No way will I be able to get that fixed in time:banghead:

take it to the shop. Just think of all the money in fuel you are saving driving your truck on a run in Az instead of running all the way to Southern California.

It's about that time when people start dropping like flies anyway. We didn't have a large group to start with.

Is anyone still going? I'm still planning on it.. Heck, this is supposed to be the shakedown run for the new Arms..

~Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looking iffy for me right now cause the Company truck has broken down two days in a row for the same problem. So i am not making any money right now. :fire:

Back