Crozet, VA 10th anniversary run chat thread | Page 32 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Crozet, VA 10th anniversary run chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a great Sony camcorder...But I can't find the MotherFu**ing charger! :fire: I'll be bringing my digital camera either way. Hey Josh, if you wanted you could leave your truck at crozet. I'll be camping there Friday and Saturday night. I'll baby sit it. :D as far as that goes, If anybody want's to leave their non-streetable truck there overnight I'll stay there with them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's not a big deal, i was just wondering. I've got a sony camera too, but i didn't plan on bringing it, but i can bring my charger if you want.

The weather is starting to look intersting. Some chance of decent thunderstorms. Best chance Friday. A good rain will make Stoney Run a fun muddy run.

Maybe it will rain late at night. That way it will be cool at night and hot in the day. What time is the raffle and official meet gonna be? Are we gonna take a group picture? If so, what time would be best? Right before we leave Sunday, or maybe Saturday evening?

I am heading to the lake then leaving in the morning...see yall Tomorrow at some point.

Dopler174 said:
Maybe it will rain late at night. That way it will be cool at night and hot in the day. What time is the raffle and official meet gonna be? Are we gonna take a group picture? If so, what time would be best? Right before we leave Sunday, or maybe Saturday evening?
I would prefer it to be cool during the day. :p

I'll probably bring the digital plus the camcorder. There is internet access at the campgrounds so I'll be uploading pics & videos after each day.

The predicted rain Friday is a cold front. Highs should be less than 90 lows above 70 with afternoon thunderstorms, pretty typical for Va.

FYI my buddy called Misty Mountian campground and they apparently had no idea that we were comming. They also had no idea that were would be arriving/meeting early Saturday 9:00 ?. I hope everyone camping has called ahead and has reservations (or at least someone in each party). The cabins are all rented.

My moble is 804 901-2176.

I will have my digital and camcorder. My camera will take 340@6MP, 650@3MP, or 800@2MP so I have no problems if someone wants pics, just tell me and I will take some. I might bring some CDR's and make some copies for anyone interested.

Darn Misty Mountain

I called to be on the safe side and we weren't on the list AGAIN. I talked with Jack and he re-registered us for a group site. I assume I'll be on the road by 5:00 and it's a 1hr 20min drive so I'm expecting to pull in around 6:30. The site is ours starting at 1:00p so if you show up early just say the site is registered under Andrew Nowicki. I confirmed 7 people but I think we can still squeeze in more if necessary. We might have to park in their lot but we can drive to the site to load/unload.

Questions gimme a call 920-279-6644

does anyone have a spare CV shaft to bring, im ready to go, and exctied ill probibly be ariving around 9 tomarrow night, hopefully ill be able to get my tent up before it gets too dark.

I'll be bringing some spare CV axles one of each side, alternator & starter. Someone just needs to cover the other stuff like hub assemblies, balljoints, etc.

I have 2 manual hubs and 1 auto hub spare, but for a 1st gen. I to will have a starter, alt, 2 belts and some other crap to mickey mouse a truck together. :D If we are lucky, we will be at misty mountain around 6ish.

Yeah the rain could be interesting for me! I really don't want to tarp this thing for the trip down, but i guess i'll have to.

Anyone from VA Beach area willing to pickup some parts from BoominXplorer? maybe Josh? :D

Josh said:
I would prefer it to be cool during the day. :p
Now now, We can't allways get what we want. :rolleyes:

am I going to be the only streeter in attendance ?

MONMIX said:
am I going to be the only streeter in attendance ?
I think so bud...Don't feel bad, I'm the only one camping next to a cow pie! :eek: Spoiled ass Misty Mtn Kids. No seriously...Is MonMix the only streeter?

I think he may be. You need a ride on the trailer Mon??

Well i decided to go ahead and load up my junk tonight since it's suppose to rain. And of course the tarp i bought is freakin huge and isn't going to make a 5 hour trip, so my question is if it rains on the way down, how wet is this thing going to get on the inside? I can cover my front two seats and that's all i really care about. What do you think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

JoshC said:
I think he may be. You need a ride on the trailer Mon??

Well i decided to go ahead and load up my junk tonight since it's suppose to rain. And of course the tarp i bought is freakin huge and isn't going to make a 5 hour trip, so my question is if it rains on the way down, how wet is this thing going to get on the inside? I can cover my front two seats and that's all i really care about. What do you think?

Josh I carry some tarps too in case you loose on the way there.. The latest weather report is saying thunderstorms on Friday night and variable clouds and a few showers on Saturday & sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back