Crozet, VA 10th anniversary run chat thread | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Crozet, VA 10th anniversary run chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just signed up :)

Just to give you guys a word of advice... Several of the guys in the Maryland Creepers club have ROLLED their junk at Crozet..

The on site camping is in a cowfield that really has walking beef in it (which is why I'm all for the cabins at the other campground, lol), they have a funny saying for people who bring stock trucks there:

"Stockers can go smash cow patties all day!"

Of course I have yet to see Crozet in person but after being regaled with tales of boulders the size of suburbans and how the 'easy' trails are the equivalent of a Paragon high blue, I can't freakin' WAIT to see this place!! :D :bounce: :D I'm sure there will be easy trails for stockers cut by then if they haven't been already.

Btw, I'll have two or three seats open in my rig for anyone who just wants to ride along.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Spas said:
I just signed up :)

Just to give you guys a word of advice... Several of the guys in the Maryland Creepers club have ROLLED their junk at Crozet..

Thats why I am ditching my BL before I go and swaping the 2wd front with a superlift 4'' kit

Spas said:
Btw, I'll have two or three seats open in my rig for anyone who just wants to ride along.

Ben is trying to get me down there next year, If nothing stands in my way, I may just take a train down there to hook up with you guys and if so I'll just need someone to pick me up in Charlottesville and have someone to ride with. But since that is sometime off things can change, but I really want to do this, so think positive thoughts :D

There hasn't been a post here in a couple days...hope people aren't losing interest. Has anyone thought about camping/hotels, that kinda stuff?

I'm staying at Misty Mountain Campground.

IM planning first things first.... ill be back on the Crozet topic after the RATE and Attica runs

There is free camping here. It is primitive though most do visitors do camp. You guys/gals are more than welcome as well.

Chris

I'm not sure yet where I will be staying, or if I'll just camp out there.

P.S. I FINALLY found a front f.w. hp d44 so I won't have any excuses for not getting it done in time. I'm picking it up on Monday! ;)

Did someone mention that they could possibly get us magazine coverage?

I should be in

Probably going to take the zuk and hopefully can have it ready for Crozeet by then. Untill I get a job I can't say for sure.

Josh Adams said:
Did someone mention that they could possibly get us magazine coverage?

That was gajeep if it was at Tellico; so I assume it won't happen now.

We should maybe make contact with some of the big magazine editors and let them know about the event.

They have spots to send in Club Runs to put on the calendars. Might get a mention in the foreward sections

Rules

I would assume Crozet has rules for vehicles. Anyone know 'em?

If there are rule jeepnchris is the owner and you can email or call him. I was seriously thinking about trying to go on the Oct. 15. I have heard that it is an open date.

What do you mean by rules? If you are talking about the rides we prefer that you have lockers front and rear for blacks - full cage with frame tie-ins for reds and blues you can be stock. We have low, middle, and upper blues.

Stock rigs should start out on the low blues.

Chris

From the Badlands Site
The Rules:

The following rules are to be acknowledged and respected by any and everyone who has come to the Badlands!!! By signing a release of liability or wavier, you understand and have agreed to these rules!!!

NO one under the age of 18 is permitted to check-in with out a parent or proof of legal guardianship. You cannot check in someone else's child, without Notarized Consent forms, Waiver, and medical Info. Forms are available here at the Badlands office or can be US mailed or faxed to you if necessary

*** NO ALCOHOL ***
Allowed on the property!
All Vehicles are subject to search.

1. Flags required for all ATV's and Jeeps/trucks. Minimum 2ft. above cab of vehicle.
2. Helmets required at all times for all ATV and Bike riders, anytime,
anywhere NO exceptions NO WARNINGS
3. NO RIDING DOUBLE ATV's and bikes.
4. There is a 5mph speed limit In the parking areas. Please keep speeds
down to prevent accidents and to keep dust down. No spinning of
tires is allowed. Keep all wheels on the ground.
5. No rain checks or refunds for breakdowns!!!
6· Multi-day passes must be paid as you enter the park on the first day.
7. TRUCKS/JEEPS

* 15 MPH limit.
* Seat Belts required!
* Roll bar protection for ALL occupants in vehicle
* NO back seat passengers allowed without above
* Straps required for the safety of the trees
* Winch & Lockers required for trails level 3-5
* Anyone caught cutting down or removing trees will pay for the replacement of same size tree!
* Flags required to be 2 feet above cab of vehicles
* * Recovery is available at most times --- (there is a fee)

8. Watch for trucks, loaders, etc. The terrain is constantly changing. Check each hill!!! Pre-ride/drive all trails with caution for safety! NO blind jumping!!
9. All trails (tracks) 2-way, multi use!
10. Please stay in the posted areas of the park. Do not venture off posted property. Do not be destructive.

We do not own any farm grounds. Stay out of the fields! (You will be prosecuted by the landowner!)

* Please PICK UP ALL TRASH Anyone caught littering WILL be prosecuted!!

Do not leave oil or gas or any other hazardous material at the park (Federal code applies) All trash will be put into cans provided or carry out what you carried in. (State Code)

NO BUGGIES OR SAND RAILS!

Basically our rules are - don't be an ass or stupid - you will be asked to leave. Come here to have fun and wheel - that's what it is all about!

How is that?

The obvious ones are:
Seatbelts
Tow points
No Alcohol on the trail
Pick up your trash and other trash you see
Stay on the trail
Stay safe - within your means and skill set/vehicle build
Be courteous, friendly etc...
and the number 1 rule at crozet is (DRUM ROLL) HAVE FUN!!!

:D

Chris - I did forget 1 (Heather - my wife - does not like bottles or cans thrown into the fire - burn paper trash all you want!)

Wow those are some pretty strict rules. :p Can't wait to go. :cool: If money allows, I wanna see if I'd be able to go up there before the actual 10th Ann. run (Sometime early 06), but we'll just see.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just thought i'd bump this so we might get some new viewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back