Crude Oil Prices Hit Record High... | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Crude Oil Prices Hit Record High...

BBQ_HotDogs

A Man Without Wheels
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Eddie Bauer (R.I.P.)
And are still on the rise. This means that gasoline is soon to follow. I talked to a freind at Shell Oil recently about the stability of the Crude Oil Market, and he states, "You haven't seen anything yet"!!! Gasoline prices in July and August will be record highs as the market for Crude Oil is so unstable and short, with demand high, that it is going to crunch us out of daily routines. So what does this mean for the average working family just getting by? It means things will be cut so that Pop can still make it to work in the family car. The outlook is poor for the families that are already making cuts to afford gasoline at the pump now. It will only get worse.....

So!!! Have you had to make any changes in your daily routines yet???

Join the Elite Explorers $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

falls guy

Reaction score
City, State
St. Catherines, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
Ya. That really sucks. Canada produces almost twice as much oil than we use, but yet we still have to pay "world" prices. What's up with that?

Paraphoe

Go big or go home
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Willow Grove, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Freakin' wonderful. *sigh*

No routine changes for me yet. I am much easier on the pedal though.

DocVijay

Meow
Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Sport 2WD
Stangely though, I just filled up gas for $1.99 a gallon (I know! Under $2 a gallon!). The calm before the storm maybe?

falls guy

Reaction score
City, State
St. Catherines, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
90cent/ liter here. Thats $4.50/gallon app. Don't feel bad. LOL

Ford_Racing_Guy

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Spencer, Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT & '98 XLT AWD
ouch.

jumped up from 2.18 to 2.23 today,

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
last week is was 2.19/gal ......today its 2.29/gal.......

falls guy

Reaction score
City, State
St. Catherines, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
1/2 liter bottle of water at 7-11 is $1.29. that=$12.90/gallon!!!! And in Ontario we have the most fresh water in the whole world! WTF is with that? Makes gas sound kinda cheap when you look at that.
Peace

TheFox88

Reaction score
City, State
Flagstaff, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport
When will it end???? AHHHHH!!!!

Flounder

Owns 10,000 Marbles
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
'17 F-150 FX4
From what I've read, gas will take small jumps, but the inventories are fairly secure. It's a matter of how much want carries through the summer. Heating oil prices will bear the brunt of the costs, for at as long as the gasoline supplies stay strong.

I can't recall if it was a Morgan Stanley analyst or not, but a gentleman mentioned how he envisions the oil market crashing in the near future. Alternative energy isn't that far off, and the oil market is trying its 'last hurrah' because it knows its future. I sure hope they're right. Why use military in the middle east when you can let them die a slow and painful death from minimal income amounts...

techieman33

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Topeka, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 V8 Mountaineer
falls guy said:
1/2 liter bottle of water at 7-11 is $1.29. that=$12.90/gallon!!!! And in Ontario we have the most fresh water in the whole world! WTF is with that? Makes gas sound kinda cheap when you look at that.
Peace

I don't understand why everyone says things like that. Gas and water are 2 seperate things. It's not like I drink several gallons of bottled water everyday, and even if I did, I could buy it by the case and get it for less than 20 cents a bottle.