Cruise Control and Power Windows fail | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cruise Control and Power Windows fail

Kkurtis

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer
Hi guys, I'm looking for a bit of help.
I have a 2004 Ford Explorer Xls. And my cruise control used to occasionally not work, but sometimes I could give the brakes a good push and they would work afterwards. But now they don't work at all, Also; Now, none of my windows will roll down, I've tried with every window switch in the car, no response. They don't make a noise or anything at all. I checked my fusebox and they all appeared to be fine. I'm not sure how the two are related. If anyone has an ideas, I'd really appreciate it! Perhaps it's a relay somewhere. But,I figured I'd come here first!
Thanks,
Kurtis MacKeige.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

These are are probably two separate issues. Is the ABS light on when the cruise control doesn't work? I had intermittent issues with my cruise control which was caused by a faulty main pressure transducer which is AKA cruise control switch. This switches is on the brake fluid reservoir I had intermittent ABS light too. Finally pulled a code C1440 indicates an error with main pressure transducer located on the master brake cylinder inside the engine bay. Luckily, this switch/sensor is very cheap and very easy to replace. You need Ford part #3L3Z-9F924-AB Description: SWITCH 873966. See http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239295 for more details.

Thank you IcePickJazz, that fixed my cruise control problem, now i have to figure out my windows. It's been a bit too warm here lately. Damn, washington.

Glad you fixed the cruise control. :thumbsup: Maybe some other members can chime in on the window situation. In the meantime [MENTION=134770]BigRondo[/MENTION] posted some good links that might help you. See his Troubleshooting Power Windows post for more details. Here's another Power Window Not Working issue that ended up being the ground wire and has updated post from Big Rondo similar to my link above.
Good luck.

I broke out my voltage meter and found that my wiring between the fusebox and the window switch was faulty. But i did manage to run a temp from there to the accesory tower. The good news is that it they all work again, but, now they work with the car being off.

My cruise control doesn't work in my 98 explorer. I was wondering if theres a fuse thats blown anywhere?

Back