Crunch goes mounty... Probably totalled | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Crunch goes mounty... Probably totalled

Well I was about to go get it washed... And then I get into a accident.

I was in the left turn lane, and the light turned yellow while I was in the intersection. It looked like I had the room and everyone was stopping. I was wrong and this subaru went on through and found its way to my front end. I was ticketed for failing to yield and niether of us were injured.

mountycrush01.jpg

I might take more pictures of it tomarrow, but I just cant bring my self to it tonight. Once my dad gets home I will have him call our insurance company and figure out what will happen. I am sure it will be totalled. I can tell the frame is bent already. The quarter panels are bent, hood is tweaked, front bumper and grill are toast. And the driver door is stuck, I did manage to open it so I could get out, but it will not close now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry to hear about your accident.
I totalled my Subaru turbo Gl-10 the same way, went left after the left turn yellow arrow had just dissapeared, what I didnt see was a Nissan pathfinder coming the other way waiting to jump the green light, almost killed my best friend that night.
I dont run yellows anymore.......

It might not be totaled.
I have fixed worse.
If the insurance adjuster has not looked at it, vaccuum the inside real well.
Make it look as clean and cared for as possible.
This may give it a slightly higer value, at least precieved.

Well I just took out some of the valuables I had inside it, since I can not close the drivers door right now. And the interior lights would not turn off. So I had to unhook the battery. The hood was stuck pretty well, but I managed to get it open. It now sits ****ed towards the passenger side about 2 inches. And the battery was sitting at a angle, quite a few things got tweaked on the drivers side.

I'll take some pictures of the damage tomarrow, and clean it up this weekend. Tomarrow we will be calling our insurance company to figure out what we need to do.

If it does get totalled, I won't be to upset. I have only had this truck for a month and a half now. So I have not had the time to get that deep attachment just yet. I would love to get it back though, but it could be to far gone. I won't know for sure though until we have the adjuster come and look at it.

that sucks man but i'm gonna guess they will fix it; it doesn't look TOOOO bad, i mean i have seen worse

I took more pics today, and used my good camera. The first picture was taken with my little sony that I keep in the car.

mountycrush05.jpg

mountycrush07.jpg

mountycrush11.jpg

mountycrush13.jpg

mountycrush15.jpg

The lighting was a bit funny since I was parked in the shade and the sun is pretty bright today. But you can see the extent of the damage. And I found out today when I took the pics that I have a nice crease in the left frame rail as you can see in one of the pics. Also the drivers door isnt lined up, although that isnt a hard fix at all for any body shop.

I am mostly concerned about the frame. I know all the panels can be fixed or replaced, along with the front clip. I am still waiting to hear from my insurance company to figure out when we can get a adjuster to come look at it.

Ohh there is a whoops forum! Whoops, forgot about this one :p So many forums on this board that I some times get lost.

I just talked to my insurance company and they are going to send a ajuster over to take a peek at it.

It might be totaled... But I would see how much you can buy it back for if it is.

Yeah, if it is totalled I will find out what the buy back is on it.

Looks like they should be able to fix the Mounty. My 91 X looked a lot worse then that and they where able to fix it, and I didn't notice any difference in drivabilty.

ah man sorry to hear about that :( if you do end up getting rid of it (and i dont mean to sound insensitive here although i probably do) what would you want for the ventshades?

Thanks for all the support guys, the more I read here the higher my hopes are getting that it will not be totalled. And being that the frame apears to only be bent at the sway bar mount, it shouldnt affect the handling at all. And it might be a easy fix being that its not to far back. I am still waiting on the adjuster, might be next week that I find out.

its very unfortunate to see this, but hopefully it isnt totaled

and where in minnesota are you at, im 1 1/2hr SW of mankato

*sigh*
Dude,
Man I am sorry.
Not only is it toast, you don't want to buy it back.
Looking at the new pics,
The bend on the frame is SO far back, a repair would be a nightmare.
And with the door misaligned like it is, the body is pretty bent.
I really hate to say it man, but you need to let this one go.

damn, im sorry to hear that

MONMIX said:
*sigh*
Dude,
Man I am sorry.
Not only is it toast, you don't want to buy it back.
Looking at the new pics,
The bend on the frame is SO far back, a repair would be a nightmare.
And with the door misaligned like it is, the body is pretty bent.
I really hate to say it man, but you need to let this one go.

Wow!! I'm sorry to hear that and see those pics but MONMIX's the autobody repair man and he knows what he's talking about. I'm sorry bud.

Everything looks repairable until you see that bent frame! Sorry to see that.

Times like this when you should look at the bright side of things... are you thinking V8... :)

Well if it is totalled, then I will be doing some shopping. On the brighter side of things, many people are selling suv's for next to nothing cause they do not want to pay for the gas.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

good luck, hope it isn't totalled.

Back