CRUNCH goes the X | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CRUNCH goes the X

well tonight i was backing out from where my dad parked my ex(in the yard). I went to the right to miss a tree and CRUNCH! i immediately stopped to see what the heck i had hit i get out and to my suprise there sat my mom's suburban. my tail light initially hit right infront of her's and then over it where her tail light was hitting my quarter panel... the suburban's hurt a little more than the ex, but the ex is kind of nasty looking...my dad got the genius idea to drive forward to get the 2 vehicles uncoupled so he did and off pops most of the tail light which was fine before....I'm just about to turn 18..with nothing short of a spotless driving record...my insurance just went down a little(like $5 every three months, haha) wait till the insurance here's about this one.... my explorer has been in 4 wrecks now....twice while parked($1200 & $3600) and once i was stopped at a redlight and a dude who was blazed and in a small car rearended me (price for me=$3 can of touchup paint, price for him=i dunno but a new hood, grill, and possibly a front bumper(didnt file a report though, he would have been screwed))

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lol, did you not look behind you before you backed up? I can't be too critical since we've all done something stupid, but I would think it'd be pretty hard to miss a big ol suburban behind ya.

haha yea i glanced...but c'mon now my driveway is about 75 yards long and the suburban is a dark blue and it was already dark outside.....she should have parked in the garage... where i thought she parked!

sounds like ya got off lucky. Yeah we've all done stupid stuff, but hopefully you learn. After totalling 5 cars :eek: I've learned never take anything for granted, but it a clear driveway or what the other driver's gonna do. Accident free for 5 yrs now and hoping to continue it.

:chug: :chug:

Stuman78424 said:
haha yea i glanced...but c'mon now my driveway is about 75 yards long and the suburban is a dark blue and it was already dark outside.....she should have parked in the garage... where i thought she parked!

As a Wise Man once said, Never Assume. Always Check.

HR57 said:
As a Wise Man once said, Never Assume. Always Check.

I did not. I say don't sweat the petty things. Pet the sweaty things.

Guy, Man, Whatever.

Dont feel to bad about it. we all screw up from time to time.

i was backing up my dads F150 back in november of 1999. I never thought to look back. Anyway, as im backing up i here this horrible thud. I look in the rearveiw mirror, and i see my sisters car. I get out, and the whole back end of my sisters 1987 Nissan Pulsar is completly smashed in, while the truck had no damage whats so ever. :eek:
i did not want to confront my sister about that one

Back