• Register Today It's free!

Cry baby

03eddie

Reaction score
City, State
Florence
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Eddie Bauer
I have a 2003 Eddie, 4.6. 120k. I have a whine coming from rear diff. Have been told that it was common. Will this need addressed or should I just roll with it?

Tia!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check this thread:

Check this thread:

Kinda figured it was in the rear diff. It has done it since I bought it at around 90k. Now around 120k and it hasn't gotten any worse. I'll change out the fluid and roll with it🤷‍♂️

Kinda figured it was in the rear diff. It has done it since I bought it at around 90k. Now around 120k and it hasn't gotten any worse. I'll change out the fluid and roll with it🤷‍♂️
A lot of users have the same rear diff whine as you're describing, I developed one years ago, a fluid swap seemed to quiet it down for a long time until it came back again, drove like that for a few more years and decided to rebuild once I was getting the whine upon acceleration, as well as deceleration. I also had 200k+ on it at that point so +1 on new fluid

Sorry I'm not an expert and this is an old thread. But mine whined for 2 years then sheared off all of the teeth on the positraction

Back