• Register Today It's free!

Current Code of 335 when warm

Mike Peeters

Reaction score
City, State
Kaukauna wi
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Ford Explorer
Hey guys. Maybe some of the guru's can figure this one out. I used this forum originally when trying to figure this problem out but I'm still getting may butt kicked. I figured it would be an easy fix but from my reading I seem to think some people just live with it.

It's on my kids 95 Ford Explorer with the 4.0. Since getting it I have done most of the maintenance items. plugs/wires, fuel filter, PCV, radiator, wheel sensors, front bearings, and all the fluids.

The code 335 pops up after the truck is warm. It normally pops on the dash when warm and when the vehicle returns to idle after a short trip. The truck does seem to surge slightly at low RPM's and low load when the light is on. Starting the truck when warm sometimes will have a very rough idle. Rough idle will normally clear after a few revvs after starting. Overall it runs great.

Replaced was the EGR valve itself (twice), the DPFE sensor, and the EVR solenoid. I have verified the port to the intake is clear and also the tube to the exhaust.

Read in another thread a guy replaced the coil pack but not really what the codes are pointing to.

Reading the codes show
Long pause

Thanks for any advise

Back