Current RockAuto Discount Code & Cheap Pads | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Current RockAuto Discount Code & Cheap Pads

allmyEXes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
No. Alabama USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Blue Ex 4.0 SOHC
Callsign
KAGG 3611 (CB)
Can anyone point me towards a current RockAuto discount code? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ULT652 $7.12

In my experience even the cheapest pads will stop you, but they wont last very long and will probably turn your wheels black almost immediately. I guess it depends on what you goal is.

I buy all my brake pads at AutoZone (C-Max ceramic). They aren't cheap at around $60, but you only need to buy them once (especially if you own multiple vehicles that all take the same pads) and AZ will keep exchanging them forever. The pads come with anti-squeak backings and new anti-rattle clips. The pads work well, are quiet and don't turn your wheels black.

Thanks, and I was looking at ceramic thinking they might not mess up the wheels as bad. I may just get the cheapies for the MM beater that I have been driving 9.7 miles round trip to work daily and put some ceramics on hers. It looks like I already closed my ADVANCE window. I wish we had an AutoZone in my town. I have to drive 30 mins north or south to get to one from here

I ordered a few parts from RA and looked all over their form to where to plug in the discount code and couldn't find the spot for it. I know it's n there somewhere..

When you're checking out, there is a line where it asks "How did you hear about us". Put the code there.

Thanks, and I was looking at ceramic thinking they might not mess up the wheels as bad. I may just get the cheapies for the MM beater that I have been driving 9.7 miles round trip to work daily and put some ceramics on hers. It looks like I already closed my ADVANCE window. I wish we had an AutoZone in my town. I have to drive 30 mins north or south to get to one from here

As far as wheel dust, I find the AZ C-Max (or whatever they're calling them currently) come as close as possible to producing zero wheel dust. Doesn't AZ offer on-line purchasing home shipping? I go past my AZ pretty much daily, so I just go there in person if I need something. Most auto parts I buy on-line are from RA, Amazon and eBay. After my latest experience with my local Advance I refuse to buy anything from them anymore.

When you're checking out, there is a line where it asks "How did you hear about us". Put the code there.
I saw that line. At least it was a small purchase that I didn't get a discount on. Thanks!

Ford does make great brake pads for the 95-01's, which in the listings often uses the word "service" to describe it(it doesn't right now). Rock Auto carries them, as does Amazon, and I like those for the front as much as anything else. The BRSD652 is listed under severed duty, and is $60 now. I got two sets a while back for about $45 each. The rear is a B2 and lists under daily driver parts.

Power Stop has some good pads also, but I just had on in front let go with almost 1/8" left on the other three pads. So my severe duty use keeps me away from the bargain pads.

For easy brake use, any local parts store brand with a lifetime warrantee is gopd, choose them for lowest brake dust(ceramic etc).

I have NAPA Ultra Premium Polymer Coated rotors, and NAPA Adaptive one ceramic brake pads on mine. No problems with brake dust. Not cheap though. NAPA was planning to make a brake package with those two together at a better price, but I am unsure if they did or not.

Before those, I used Carquest (rebadged Raybestos) rotors and pads. I don’t know if the Carquest stuff is still rebadged Raybestos still.

Anything ceramic will produce far less black dust and be gentler to your rotors, but if you do any (significant) towing, get severe/heavy- duty semi-metallic instead, and embrace the blackness.

Anything ceramic will produce far less black dust and be gentler to your rotors, but if you do any (significant) towing, get severe/heavy- duty semi-metallic instead, and embrace the blackness.

I put some Satisfied Ceramics on the front of my g/f's 03 Civic EX. Holy moly dusty. I had to use full strength Simple Green and dollar store green scrubber pads to remove the dust. Tossed those in the trash and went back to OEM pads....

^ Satisfied. Is that a real brand? :D

I see them at $15 on amazon which makes me suspect the ratio of ceramic to chinesium is quite low.

Okay I dug a little and they were a brand a decade ago but it looks like BPI (Raybestos et al) sued them into bankruptcy back in 2011 and they shut down their factory soon thereafter.

LOL...

At the time, 2003-2005, these were supposed to be an excellent choice, with no brake dust...

The raw iron dust as much as anything makes a mess of the wheels...
:burnout::usa:

It sticks into the porous surface of the wheels, and worse as the wheels get older. Keep some wax on the wheels if you can make yourself think of it.

Back