Curve control?

craigums

Reaction score
City, State
Abbotsford, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
Hey guys,
Wondering if anyone has experienced this so called "curve control" and if it is actually a noticable feature. Supposedly it is part of the stability control.
I have tried diving into corners at all different speeds and purposefully over/understeer and never felt anything or had any warnings come up on my screen.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I guess there are three things we can gather from that. It is working seamlessly or you haven't reached the point where it needs to cut in, or it isn't working.:)
I've taken the same 40 mph curves at 60 for years and haven't had it come on and haven't had any issue with the curves either.

Peter

Get some instruments to measure G-forces and let us know when it kicks in or the Explorer rolls over. Just in the name of science for us :)

This makes me remember when I was in high school, and there was an exit ramp that we would drive on every day. What we would do was start at the posted speed (I think it was 20 mph) and each day we increased it by 5 mph to see how fast we could actually take the curve. Luckily nobody wrecked, but I think my dad's car, a 1964 Chevy Bel Air got to about 45 before the rear broke loose. Other kids, with smaller more stable cars were able to get to higher speeds. The stupid things teenagers do in cars.

Back