CUSTOM 3RD BRAKE LIGHT HOUSING FOR 2002-2005 EXPLORER | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CUSTOM 3RD BRAKE LIGHT HOUSING FOR 2002-2005 EXPLORER

paulballer

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004, XLS, 2WD
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has ever ran a custom third brake light for their 3rd gen explorer. I am looking for a kind of chase light setup that can run some pod lights and a red third brake light. I know of a few custom ones that fit the same year sport trac model, but I am not quite sure if anything like this has been done with a 3rd gen explorer. I have attached to a design that is made for a same year ranger and sport trac, looking for something just like this or if anyone knows if this also fits on a 3rd gen explorer SUV? - The company that makes this is "RANGER 3RD BRAKE LIGHT HOUSING *PREORDER CLOSED* — cutlessdesigns".
3rd brake light 1.jpg
3rd brake light 2.jpg
3rd brake light 3.jpg

I could be wrong, but that one in particular doesn't look compatible, due to different (less vertical) explorer slope angle and couldn't guess whether the bolt holes would line up either.

I also wonder if something sticking out that far, is going to be in the way of the liftgate glass when opened. Seems like anything with a reflector deep enough to try to focus the beam at all, might stick out too far.

Back