Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
In the process of doing my SAS, I'm planning to install some new brake lines. Maybe some of you can help me with some issues.

Rear
Ok lets start with the Rear. Right now all the brake lines are stock, but that is not going to cut it with a Full size Bronco 8.8 in the rear. The Explorer driver side line is one piece from the caliper, to the ceter T up to where it connets to the frame. Then the passenger is a short rupper hose that goes into a hard line, then to the T. I plan to use a 99-00 F-150 center line that has a T similer to the explorer one. Only the 150 one is much longer. and stop at the T on the axle. Then run hard lines to hoses by the springs into the calipers.

1. My question is, will a rubber passenger hose fit into the driver side? I pretty sure the 150 center hose will bolt right in at the frame.

Front
On the front (79 Hp D44) I have '78 bird calipers, with braded lines that would screw into the factory Bronco axle lines. I plan to run hard lines on the axle, just as the factory did on the HP44. Then run rubber lines from the housing up to the frame, and then hard lines again to the ABS box. I will keep the ABS box as is. This seemed to work for Jefe, so if it' ain't broke.... ;)

2. My question here is, does any one know the size for the fitting on factory Bronco lines? Also does any one know if any one just make generic rubber hoses in lenghths? with a stadeard fitting...What ever size that is.

Thanks for the help ;)

(In Ben Stein's voice) Anyone, Anyone, Anyone?

Hunt for a store locally that can make hydraulic lines. You need stainless steel lines, or SS hydraulic brake lines. There are many more places now that do it. I have a store that I have gone to and had lines made. They have some factory fittings, but can use most old fittings too. Good luck,

Attachments

• SS brake lines.JPG
    SS brake lines.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 182

Back