Custom Build Options? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom Build Options?

dapakattack

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas
Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and have found some great information so far as my wife and I are thinking about buying a new Explorer Limited.

When one says custom built does that mean you can choose any options you want without being limited to what's included in a package?

For instance, we want the heated/cooled seats, power lift gate, and Power 3rd row (all these are part of the 301 A equipment group) and the tow package. However, we don't need the navigation. Is this possible to do? If so, how do they go about pricing these options when not included in a package?

Thank you very much for your replies.

Welcome to the forum! The short answer is no. Most features are part of packages and can't be purchased seperately.

A few can be added, first select the Limited, then the package you want. The web site will then go through each section and some options (tow as an example) can be added.

Go to the Ford website and choose the build your own option on the Explorer. It will show you the packages, and it will show you interior and exterior accessories.

For the most part, that is what you can order individually and what must be ordered in a package.

Ford does not allow much choice in how you equip your vehicle- that was a big complaint of mine initially after years of buying imports with long options lists. That said, once you get past the "any color as long as it is black" sales approach it is easy to build a vehicle.

Back