Custom flame gauges made easy

bigtigexplorer

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Sierra Vista, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT 4x4
All I did was download this Dead Link Removed and use my favorite Photo Shop program to color the flames. I used the "gradient fill" option to make the blue fade to green effect. Once the color was right and I got the flames resized. I printed them in draft mode onto a transparency and put them on top of my indiglo gauges.

These pics aren't the best, but you get the idea. The best part is at night the flames almost disappear in the indiglo for a ghost effect.
20026288613153662466818.jpg
20026281123504077517055.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is awesome David! If the dash board wasn't such a big pain in the butt to take apart i might try it!

Happy trails!!

Yeah and If I had photo Shop I would try that In a jiffy. It looks amazing man! Get a night picture!

any night pics? are those indiglo flame or just regular flame?

I'll try and get a night pic up tonight.

Posted by jssong
any night pics? are those indiglo flame or just regular flame?

The gauges are regular indiglo gauges. The flames are from a transparency overlay.

Where'd you get your gauges from? I think I found my next mod! Thanks

nevermind

Some detailed instructions can be found here:
Dead Link Removed

It is a neat idea and project,

Robb

section525, I bought the indiglo gauges from Dead Link Removed

Here is the night pic:
Dead Link Removed

BigTig, how much would you charge for you to print me out a set. It should be pretty easy if you saved the design. ;)

MAKE ME ONE!!!!!! hahaha it looks great dude! Good job.

Sure, I'll make you guys a set. I was going to say $5 plus shipping, but my wife won't let me go lower then $10 I just need to know what color(s) you want.

Here is an example of red/yellow flames on top of factory gauges.
Dead Link Removed

Thats the exact color I was going to ask for! Can you make the red and yellow a brighter shade? I'm in for a set, so email me your PayPal ID and I can pay you instantly or email me your street address and I will send out a money order. My email is rtstork@hotmail.com

u still makin the flame over lays?????
Luego....KID

Sure what color(s) you looking for and how do you want the colors to fade (top->bottom, side->side, corner->corner, inside->out, or outside->in)

the same exact thing u have....BUT....i am leaving for cancun mexico here directly and wont be back until the 27th...so ill have to wait till then, if thats cool with u?
thanx
Luego....KID

bigtig - i saw what you did on the other thread with your gauges and just ran across this thread also...just wanted to say awesome job. looks incredible...and that night shot is sweet. keep up the good work!

TwoToneX - Thanks for the kind word :chug:

KIDSX - Not a problem, let me know when you get back. I'll make you the same deal I made RTStork.

sounds great........will do.
Luego....KID

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey bigtig that looks nice. I like your old ones better though. If anybody is interested in just getting white face gauges or Indigo blue gauges i can make these for the 98 gauges and whatever other years have the same. Im working on making some for the 91-94 Xs. Sorry to steal some of your business bigtig didnt want to make a new thread.

Back