• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

For Sale Custom Frame Brackets for Extended Radius Arms or SAS

Brian1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Callsign
KG5BAQ
I have a pair of frame brackets for a SAS or extending your radius arms with a heim or Johnny Joint for sale. They are 1/4" steel and have a 1/2" pilot hole so you can drill them out to whatever suspension joint you use (like 9/16", 5/8", 3/4"). They accept a standard 2 5/8" wide joint. These bolt in place of the stock transmission crossmember on 1st gens. The frame holes will need to be slightly enlarged with a 1/2" drill and the driver side of the frame will need to be drilled. They also have tabs to accept a poly or solid bushing, standard 2 5/8" wide, to make your own transmission crossmember since the stock one is no longer used. Lastly, there are no holes drilled for a vertical bolt to go through the bottom of the frame. I do recommend using a single bolt through the bottom which you would need to drill out. You do not need to use all 4 bolts on the side but they are there if you decide to. SOLD

An example of these installed on my own Explorer with Trail Gear Creeper Joints:

Last edited:
Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

offroader_69_me

Elite Explorer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Trinidad, Crawlorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
are these the ones you made? im interested just a lil short on $$$ now but i will keep them in mind for sure!

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
Totally interested in these. I would of course need extended arms, new shock towers, longer shocks, new coils, a new cross member, joints & bushings, etc...These would be expensive!

Glad you posted that last pic, your method of using the small turnbuckle for the E-Brake line is so simple, it's genius! :D

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...Those RA's look familiar...:scratch:

...When are you going to start making a tranny cross member for these?

JTX

Reaction score
City, State
New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
I saw these in person and WOW! These things are stout and very nicely made. I am planning on using a set for a 3 link build coming up.

DANRL

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Ranger
Still for sale?

Hey, just wondering if you still have these?

DANRL

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Ranger
Do you make these?

Do you make these, and if so can they be customized at all?

Brian1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Callsign
KG5BAQ
Do you make these, and if so can they be customized at all?
Yes I made them. This is the second set I made and the first is on my Explorer now. You can PM me with what you have in mind to customize them and I will see if it is something I can do.

hvac man

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Rifle, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Sport
Hey Brian,

I'll take them. Just let me know where to paypal. Thanks dude!

Clint