For Sale - Custom Frame Brackets for Extended Radius Arms or SAS | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Custom Frame Brackets for Extended Radius Arms or SAS

I have a pair of frame brackets for a SAS or extending your radius arms with a heim or Johnny Joint for sale. They are 1/4" steel and have a 1/2" pilot hole so you can drill them out to whatever suspension joint you use (like 9/16", 5/8", 3/4"). They accept a standard 2 5/8" wide joint. These bolt in place of the stock transmission crossmember on 1st gens. The frame holes will need to be slightly enlarged with a 1/2" drill and the driver side of the frame will need to be drilled. They also have tabs to accept a poly or solid bushing, standard 2 5/8" wide, to make your own transmission crossmember since the stock one is no longer used. Lastly, there are no holes drilled for a vertical bolt to go through the bottom of the frame. I do recommend using a single bolt through the bottom which you would need to drill out. You do not need to use all 4 bolts on the side but they are there if you decide to. SOLD

photobucket-4200-1311811300291.jpg

photobucket-2057-1311811324491.jpg

An example of these installed on my own Explorer with Trail Gear Creeper Joints:

picture.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

are these the ones you made? im interested just a lil short on $$$ now but i will keep them in mind for sure!

Totally interested in these. I would of course need extended arms, new shock towers, longer shocks, new coils, a new cross member, joints & bushings, etc...These would be expensive!

Glad you posted that last pic, your method of using the small turnbuckle for the E-Brake line is so simple, it's genius! :D

...Those RA's look familiar...:scratch:

...When are you going to start making a tranny cross member for these?

I saw these in person and WOW! These things are stout and very nicely made. I am planning on using a set for a 3 link build coming up.

Still for sale?

Hey, just wondering if you still have these?

Do you make these?

Do you make these, and if so can they be customized at all?

Do you make these, and if so can they be customized at all?

Yes I made them. This is the second set I made and the first is on my Explorer now. You can PM me with what you have in mind to customize them and I will see if it is something I can do.

Hey Brian,

I'll take them. Just let me know where to paypal. Thanks dude!

Clint

Back