VairKing

Midwest-Xplorer Member
Reaction score
City, State
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 EB V8 AWD
Hello All:
I am new to this list. I used to have a really good system in my 91 EB (2 Polk Audio Momo 10s and a 1200 Watt amp) until someone decided to break a window and take them. I am putting a new system that will hopefully be hidden from the eye of the common theif. I have installed a JL audio Stealth Box where the factory sub was. In it I have a 10" Infinity Kappa Perfect. Now the only problem I am having is where to mount my amp. I want a fairly good sized amp, probably an Audiobahn that measures 13" square by about 3" thick. I can't figure out where I can mount it so it will be hidden. I have found a small space behind the driver's side rear panel, but I'm not sure there is enough room there for an amp this size. I have considered under the back seats, but I'm not sure if there is enough room when the seat is folded up. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I am currently mounting an Audiobahn amp under the passenger-side rear seat. True, there is NOT enough room if you plan to mount it to the floor and still be able to fold the seat.

BUT, I'm mounting mine inverted to the bottom of the seat frame. It requires taking the seat partially apart, welding some tabs onto the framework, etc...etc..... The nice thing is when the seat folds down the amp moves with it and just clears.

that sounds like a good idea, just check, check, and double check to make sure your wires are long enough to move and that nothing will pinch them when the seat is down, good luck

Back