custom indash tv installation help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

custom indash tv installation help

bardz

Reaction score
City, State
Ringwood, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Explorer Sport
ok today i had a panasonic dvd/cd player headunit installed in my car and i also had a indash flip out tv that i wanted installed also......the place i brought it to explained that the dash on an explorer is only a din and 1/2 and that i would need a double din to fit the tv so they then said they would custom install the tv for 300 bucks... i felt that this was too much so now i either am gonna bring it to another place or install it myself....has any1 else ever had this prob be4? does this price seem way too high? also if it does cost that much and i have to install it myself does any1 have any advice and creating a housing in the dash to keep it steady and in place?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think with a little trimming double din stuff will fit, if you're comfortable with that......

Pain in the A$$ ...but none the less it will work. I have a 5.6" In-dash with a Panasonic CD-Player underneath it. Search for AddKev's install. I modeled mine after his....took me zip ties, a metra install kit bezel and a dremel to get er done. Screw $300, it is $100 worth of frustration but not $300

thanx

Got any pics bardz?

Back