Custom Rear Cup Holders | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom Rear Cup Holders

I was getting bored today and started brainstorming stuff to do to the X... well, I came up with an idea to make custom cup holders for the back seats... I don't really feel like going out and buying cup holders then screwing them into the back on the center consel cause well... that's just no fun... I wanted to like make a template sort of thing and bondo around it and bondo it to the back of the center counsel... Well, I read up that bondo doesn't really stick too good to plastic... So my question is...

Is there any bondo type substance that will stick good to plastic? And if anyone else has any other suggestions on going about doing this without having to buy the cupholders at the store :) thx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd say glass it.

Yeah I was thinking about that, wasn't 100% sure if fiberglass stuck to plastic either... thanks... any other suggestions are welcome to

You could try plastic bumper repair resins. I don't know if that will work well, considering the console isn't that flexible, but it's flexible and made to bond to plastics. Just a thought, 50/50 shot lol.

3M sells it.

But then again, what don't they sell?

fiber glass will do the trick. Just make sure you are applying it onto clean 80 grit scratched plastic.

Back