• Register Today It's free!

custom snorkel for 94x ?s

9402xlt

Reaction score
City, State
Harmony, North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 x-xlt 02 ranger xlt
Im rebuilding my x with alot of different mods and I saw some guys on here with snorkels and I was wondering if anyone used exhaust pipe to make there snorkel? I work at a exhaust shop so the pipe is at my disposal. Another ? is im also going to take the stock plastic intake tube off and run exhaust pipe form the tb to the maf then out to a snorkel. How hot is that pipe going to be over the stock one and how much of a difference is that going to make on the power gain if any?

what i would do is keep the stock tube coming off the tb to maf to keep temps down then have a adapter to the tube

That sounds like a plan, thanks I was wanting to do a 3'' pipe out of the tb to the maf but i would almost have to flatten it as much as the stock one to get the hood to close, and i would have to adapt it from the 2-1/2 tb to the 3" pipe. So really not worth all the extra work. After the maf i havent made up my mind if im going to run my pipe out the hood or the finder??? any suggestions im prolly going to do 3" pipe all the way out but i havent desided thanks again for the in put. oo and you have any suggestions on an adapter from the maf to the pipe.

Back