Custom Sun Visor LED | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom Sun Visor LED

So i'm on a quest to put LED's in everything i can in my car and i didnt see any write ups on the sunvisor lights so i thought i'd make one my self.
Whats needed:
4 LED Bulbs
4 LED Resistors
Circuit Board
Hot Glue
some Solder

DSCN0481.jpg

First you must cut the Bulbs down a bit so that they fit into space allowed in the visor. you can sand them or cut with a razor blade. After cutting them you must put some sort of varnish on them to bring it back to the transparent tone it previously had.
Cut a piece of circuit board to about the size of the stock bulb and hot glue the bulbs in place in the center of it.

DSCN0485.jpg

After the glue had dried Solder the resistor onto the positive lead to the LED and run the rest of the resitor wire to the end of the circuit board and wrap it around, do the same for the negative side.

DSCN0488.jpg

Once this step is completed you must put hot glue around all exposed wire except for the ends, Which are going to be used to complete the circuit.

Now you have your self a set of LED bulbs! Heres the final product!

DSCN0492.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

totally freakin awesome =p

hahah thanks man i'm glad you like.. i've become obsessed with LED's and im trying to find a home for them everywhere!

same and u gave me a new place =p have u done your gauge face?

Oh yeah...... hahah
DSCN0454.jpg

I do not know why they are blue because i put white bulbs in but it makes no difference to me i like it better, everything else in my car is blue

Yo ryan your a sick man you know that im gonna stick an led up ur ass haha order me some more bulbs so i can do my gauges too!!!!

Thats great i need to purchase some leds just think now your girl can do her makeup and go blind while shes at it...that still wont stop them..

Haha, same here with the gauges, I ordered the white ones, and the gauges are blue now. I put them in my temp controls too.

I have a question though, im not a soldering/resistors/circuit board kinda guy lol, how much would you charge to make me a set of those for my visors? (set of 4)

Haha, same here with the gauges, I ordered the white ones, and the gauges are blue now. I put them in my temp controls too.

I have a question though, im not a soldering/resistors/circuit board kinda guy lol, how much would you charge to make me a set of those for my visors? (set of 4)

Take questions &/or answers about buying & selling to PM or Email. Not in the forum.
Thanks, Bill

Take questions &/or answers about buying & selling to PM or Email. Not in the forum.
Thanks, Bill

Woops, my bad! Sorry, I didnt know about that rule lol, we PM'ed about it anyways, feel free to delete the post if you can, thanks!

I made a new set up for my buddy... i broke up the stock ones and used the metal connector this time looks much nicer!

Back