Custom Suspension Leaf Springs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom Suspension Leaf Springs

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't see the advantage over shackles, which are less expensive and easier to install.

good springs will increase your suspension travel and maintain factory geometry better than shackles can. Springs are always better if you can get them.

It seems to me that springs would be the best option. I wondering about this particular company manufacturing the springs. I don't want to buy junk or have to go thru the process of installing them more than once.

Have to agree with nissanboy on this one. Went to the webb sight, they make it sound good, noticed there were no reviews. Just think you could be the first, hopefully good.

I've previously posted looking for responses for these springs from Carrier.

Explorer Springs

I didn't get any response from this board, but I did call Carrier. Very helpful and friendly. Later I e-mailed them, but didn't hear back for weeks. They did apologize for the delay, but if you have any quetions, call them, don't e-mail.

I didn't buy the springs yet, but I'm still thinking about. Just installed some new shocks, but I'm still looking for ways to improve the ride of my street-queen while still being able to tow my boat.

personally i woudl go with Old man Emu or a more reputable company that has a good reputation to back thier product

how hard are shackles to install? could i do it myself? or like do i need to take it to a shop?

you can do it yourself.

What kind of price do the Old man Emu run? How hard are they to get?

There has been at least one person on this board that has used them. I will also be getting these same ones with the front skyjacker 2". My rearend sag is reallly bad and i don't want the ride quality and stiffness of add-a-leafs.

I have 3" lift Carrier leafs. They are as good as they claim, IMO.

I am happy :D

They have the teflon pieces between the leaves and the ends are tapered, not flat cut.

The only problem I had was the center bolt was upside down and had to be grinded a little to fit the perch.

Attachments

• DSCN2519.JPG
    DSCN2519.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 400

dude those r freaking sick... how much do they cost?

$467 shipped.

Attachments

• DSCN2518.JPG
    DSCN2518.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 392

That is a ton of money for springs.

Hartman said:
That is a ton of money for springs.
Too late now :rolleyes: You've found custom made 3" lift spring packs for Explorers for less?

No but I'm saying that's an outrageous price.

Yeah, compared to shackles and or AAL's. That price is, or was, competitive if not lower than others I found at the time. I had an opportunity to afford them and didn't want the shackle/AAL solution.

Shipping alone was $77, they aren't light :(

According to their website, the 3" lift springs are $312 and the 4" lift springs are $319. Seems their price went down. Add the $77 for shipping and its still less than $400. Seems pretty good if they make a quality product. If you can afford it, true lift springs are definately the way to go ofer shackles/aal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Superlift 4" rear springs are $160/ea.

DeRocha just installed new lift springs from Carrier - PM him for his thoughts.

Back