Custom Tinted Lights - Front & Rear | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom Tinted Lights - Front & Rear

DefinitiveCars

Reaction score
City, State
SoCal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ex Sport
Tinted my lights this weekend. What do you guys think? Haven't taken any good pics yet. It got dark on me. Just some before and afters.

backlightsbefore_after_1_zpsce5e4ce8.png

backlightsbefore_after_2_zpsd491eb0a.png

frontlightsbefore_after_1_zpsbe0642d9.png

frontlightsbefore_after_2_zps05dca64d.png

C8DF-4DEC-8CBC-4B2AC06D834B-10972-000006561ED6B166.jpg

D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello there, how did you tint your lights? I have my XLT and I'm tranforming it to a Sport Edition and I really would like to have tinted lights. Can you post some tips how to do it? Thanks.

nice bro, dont forget to tint the 3rd brake light on top

Hello there, how did you tint your lights? I have my XLT and I'm tranforming it to a Sport Edition and I really would like to have tinted lights. Can you post some tips how to do it? Thanks.

Bought some tint off Amazon, which ended up being from Rvinyl.com. They have several video tutorials on how to do it. But if you are not handy, I wouldent waste your money and have it done by a pro.

nice bro, dont forget to tint the 3rd brake light on top

Thanks! And already done. :)

It looks great and is right on track with what I have in mind.
Did you cover the entire lense front and rear ?

I was leaning toward eyebrows for heads and smoke just the center of rears but thought I wrap the back ups with something darker to continue the read black molding.

I was leaning toward eyebrows for heads and smoke just the center of rears but thought I wrap the back ups with something darker to continue the read black molding.

Thanks, I did eactly what you said here.

Looks great! Thats next on my agenda! How dark did you end up with on the headlights? Looks like you just full on blacked out the bumper reflectors? I like that look!

Back