• Register Today It's free!

Cv axle play

AcExplorerxlt

Reaction score
City, State
El Paso tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer xlt
Morning my people I’m having an issue with my passenger side front axle , now there’s some play in and out where the axle joins the differential shaft but I noticed there is also some up and down play as well wondering if it might be the axle or the differential shaft bearing some oil leaks out too got the axels under warranty any suggestions my people

image.jpg

Morning my people I’m having an issue with my passenger side front axle , now there’s some play in and out where the axle joins the differential shaft but I noticed there is also some up and down play as well wondering if it might be the axle or the differential shaft bearing some oil leaks out too got the axels under warranty any suggestions my people

View attachment 326358

Check post above. looks like the same remedy. Check/Replace Axle Bearing in DIFF with slide hammer etc.... Check seal for damage, or replace Seal. Check CV Axle for damage on SEAL riding area etc.....

I think a little bit of play there is normal, mine has it.

But looks like your oil seal is definitely bad.

I just did this job. Passenger side Axle play. No up and down (bearing is good) but rocking motion play. In and out play, lots of it. Leaking too. New National Seal, then new Snap rings:

And this Axle:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001B075G0/?tag=serious-20

No more play, very solid. No rocking play, no up down play, very little in out play, no leak. I think what really made it work was NEW SNAP RINGS. Pounding Axle back in with block of wood took a BFH, with easy taps. Slowly went in very easy, but must put baby muscles into it.

-Rom

Back