cv boot clamp replacement | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

cv boot clamp replacement

rfuree11

Official Bikini Inspector
Reaction score
City, State
Boston
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 WRX Limited
somewhere along the way of my roadtrip, the clamp dissapeared. the cv is good along with the boot, theres just grease spattered everywhere. i went and bought a clamp but it was closed (As in a closed circle) and i can't get it opened. does this mean i have to take the whole front end apart or can i use something else (do they make hose clamps that big?)

i dont know if its 911, but it is for me as i dont want to drive it in this condition.

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Hartman

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 5.0
I've read in other posts of people using heavy duty zip ties.

<

huskyfan23

Rah no Hans Bwix
Reaction score
City, State
WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT 4x4
Zip ties will work fine.

<

ExplorerDMB

Moderator/Technician
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Acura TL
Go to NAPA or something and see if they will give you a universal clamp. These are opened. They will fit around like a zip tie, go through a groove and then you squeeze it together and hit down 2 tabs and you are good to go!

-Drew

<

rfuree11

Official Bikini Inspector
Reaction score
City, State
Boston
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 WRX Limited
i just used a big ass hose clamp...hopefully itll hold

<