CV boot replacement ????!!!????

ExplorerSportNu

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
St.Louis - MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Sport/ExpeditionPkg
Alright I got my tire in the air and grease everywhere, long story short had a hole in the outer boot that houses the bearings, got the old boot off but I cant figure out how too get the bearings apart to slip the new boot on or how this works, any ideas guys? - got till tommorrow morning before I have to walk to work, nothing in my haynes manual on how to separate these.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Unless it is a "split boot", you are going to have to remove the halfshaft from, at least, the spindle end.

alright no split boot, is there anyway you can dumb that down for me :confused: How do I go about removing the half shaft from the spindle?

Robb you still out there I'm still lost ^^

it would definitely do you some good to go pick up a Haynes or Chilton manual with a step by step process of removal and installation, and pictures are included which is a definite plus :D

Yeah I have a haynes man thnx for you help......

look in your other thread i posted a semi detailed description. :thumbsup:

oh yeah to clarify my instructions on taking the cv apart are for the inner joint you have to slid ethe boot al they way down the shaft to the inner side to remove the outer boot.

Back