Cybergasm's 1991 Explorer XLT 4x4 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cybergasm's 1991 Explorer XLT 4x4

Well now that I have a motor on the way and this truck will see the road again. It time to start a new thread on my other Explorer.:D

1991 Explorer XLT 4X4

I purchased this Truck in June 2007 for the measly sum of 800.00;) from the previous owner who resided in Mesa AZ. Ran and Drove but had engine problems so it had to trailered home to California. Where it has sat for the last few months waiting patiently for new motor. Here are some specs on it

The Vehicle:
'91 Explorer XLT model 145k on the clock.
OHC V-6 Auto Trans Manual T-case Manual Hubs:thumbsup:
4/5 inch Superlift? Ditched the Front springs in Favor of Pro Comp Springs
Reworked Extended Superlift Radius Arms.
3 Inch Body Lift
35X12.50/15 Pro Comp X Terrains on 15X10 Black Rockcrawler type rims
CB
Pioneer Stereo with Sirius Sat Radio
Prerunner Style Front Bumper
Square Tube Rear Bumper

MODS
Currently has the stock Exhaust back in it.
Jet Chip performance module
Back to using the Stock MAF
Modified Throttle Body
Stock Air Box with a K&N filter
Headman Headers
Zukman Desighned Shackles :D
Zukman Designed Sliders :D
Super lift shocks front and rear
Pro-Comp Front Steering Stabilizer
2nd Gen Leather Seats
Center Console

Here are some Photos from when i first go it.

0101070102040104032007060417c4a0a91615c8ff550055e2.jpg

010100010207010411200706041841cd9fb1c6b0422c000fe3.jpg

010107010212010309200706043ded07d70b2e4eb9fb0090bd.jpg

[/I]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Welp we are i finally got off my lazy butt and uploaded the few photos i have while doing the engine swap in my X......Oh and Tbars you will now see why i was asking ya for help :D Yes it a come-a-long hooked to a chain in the tree:cool:

These were taken shortly before i cranked it a little bit further and proceeded to take out the master cylinder and scratch the fender:(

Attachments

• Ghetto Hoist1.jpg
    Ghetto Hoist1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 3,424
  • Ghetto Hoist2.jpg
    Ghetto Hoist2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 823
  • Ghetto Hoist3.jpg
    Ghetto Hoist3.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 3,400

some more photos of the new used engine i put back in note the swagging new HF engine stand :D

Attachments

• Sep03_0004.jpg
    Sep03_0004.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 814
  • Sep03_0005.jpg
    Sep03_0005.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 820
  • Sep03_0002.jpg
    Sep03_0002.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 813

Here's one more photo for today I cleaned up the wiring in the rear and got the license plate light working but there is something else missing in the photo
let's see who notices it first:p:

Attachments

• no sway bar.jpg
    no sway bar.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 3,392

sway bar? engine stand with engine?

uhh...a dog drinking out of the water bowl lol, the only thing i can see is the sway bar....

uhh...a dog drinking out of the water bowl lol, the only thing i can see is the sway bar....

Dig Ding Ding we have a couple of winners :D ya I decided to ditch the rear sway bar took it for alittle clandestine run around the neighborhood and like it just fine with out the sway bar.:thumbsup:

...but i did show up when i was suppose too...;)
...anyway, get that thing licensed and insured or truckhaven will be a bummer...:D

Thursday is all about getting the reg going on this truck so hopefully i can drive it to on saturday.:D

...do like i did, take and get it smogged, ins, and tags the same day...:D

...do like i did, take and get it smogged, ins, and tags the same day...:D

well i will have 2 of the 3 done today since i have to get a VIN verification from the DMV first since it an out of state truck before i can get the smog done . This is due to the fact that there no record of it yet in the DMV computers and since the Smog program is computerized with the bar codes i have to go there and get the temporary tag for it first.:D

...my buddy from yuma who is in cali told me there was some easy smog deal with ariz to cali vehicles...something about it is easy for the ariz. out of state vehicle as they don't have to upgrade to the cali smog...just curious if it's the same for your X...:scratch:

...my buddy from yuma who is in cali told me there was some easy smog deal with ariz to cali vehicles...something about it is easy for the ariz. out of state vehicle as they don't have to upgrade to the cali smog...just curious if it's the same for your X...:scratch:

Hope so since i put the same smog equipment back on it that the vehicle had and junked the smog equipment the motor had.

And it's official went to the DMV today and got the temp tag:D:D
So now my Explorer is on the road:D:D

still have a few bugs i need to work out yet like the exhaust leak(s) and the a gremlin in the ignition just hoping this is just a crossed wire and nothing more serious but need to find a definitive answer like a page scanned out of a Chilton or Haynes manual showing the exact firing order for 1991 Explorer.
And i am talking about a drawing showing where each wire goes from the coil pack to the correct cylinder. thought i had this worked out but i guess not

here you go...;)

coil = cylinder =
3-4 3-6
2-6 2-5
1-5 1-4

...my buddy from yuma who is in cali told me there was some easy smog deal with ariz to cali vehicles...something about it is easy for the ariz. out of state vehicle as they don't have to upgrade to the cali smog...

Damn, wish i had known about this a few months ago.

...i would rather confirm that ariz. thing first...my buddy said cali past a law a couple of years ago because the stae was making all non calif. vehicles conform and it was more than the 400 buck max fix if a cali vehicle couldn't pass smog...i'll find out more tomorrow as i was hoping cyber would find out at dmv registration...

here you go...;)

coil = cylinder =
3-4 3-6
2-6 2-5
1-5 1-4

ahh close it's
3-3 4-6
2-2 6-5
1-1 5-4

the outside numbers are the cylinders
and the inside numbers are the coil pack positions
I checked mitchell online and went out and check it think i finally got right, it's now running the best it has so far.:salute:

...i would rather confirm that ariz. thing first...my buddy said cali past a law a couple of years ago because the stae was making all non calif. vehicles conform and it was more than the 400 buck max fix if a cali vehicle couldn't pass smog...i'll find out more tomorrow as i was hoping cyber would find out at dmv registration...

Dunno know about the smog yet have'nt tried since i have to fix the exhaust leaks and what not then decide what i am gonna do about the headers:scratch: Since the headers i have are smog legal but the tag has fallen off and i have to figure what to do about the EGR tube since if ain't coming off no matter what. Have it plugged for the moment to prevent another leak. but this for another day since i have till Dec. 31 to get it done.

got a few photos to post...brb:D

...that is exactly what i posted...the first set is the coil pack and the second is the cyllinders...i had nice spacing so you could read it and when i posted it looked like that...:D

OK thanks just looked wierd on my screen i guess but like i said i think i got it now :D anywho here are some photos first one is after i got done at the DMV and the second one is a home sweet home photo:D

Attachments

• Sep27_0001.jpg
    Sep27_0001.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 746
  • Sep27_0002.jpg
    Sep27_0002.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 746

...you are still at your sister's right...:scratch:

Back