Cybergasm's 1991 Explorer XLT 4x4 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cybergasm's 1991 Explorer XLT 4x4

Well now that I have a motor on the way and this truck will see the road again. It time to start a new thread on my other Explorer.:D

1991 Explorer XLT 4X4

I purchased this Truck in June 2007 for the measly sum of 800.00;) from the previous owner who resided in Mesa AZ. Ran and Drove but had engine problems so it had to trailered home to California. Where it has sat for the last few months waiting patiently for new motor. Here are some specs on it

The Vehicle:
'91 Explorer XLT model 145k on the clock.
OHC V-6 Auto Trans Manual T-case Manual Hubs:thumbsup:
4/5 inch Superlift? Ditched the Front springs in Favor of Pro Comp Springs
Reworked Extended Superlift Radius Arms.
3 Inch Body Lift
35X12.50/15 Pro Comp X Terrains on 15X10 Black Rockcrawler type rims
CB
Pioneer Stereo with Sirius Sat Radio
Prerunner Style Front Bumper
Square Tube Rear Bumper

MODS
Currently has the stock Exhaust back in it.
Jet Chip performance module
Back to using the Stock MAF
Modified Throttle Body
Stock Air Box with a K&N filter
Headman Headers
Zukman Desighned Shackles :D
Zukman Designed Sliders :D
Super lift shocks front and rear
Pro-Comp Front Steering Stabilizer
2nd Gen Leather Seats
Center Console

Here are some Photos from when i first go it.

0101070102040104032007060417c4a0a91615c8ff550055e2.jpg

010100010207010411200706041841cd9fb1c6b0422c000fe3.jpg

010107010212010309200706043ded07d70b2e4eb9fb0090bd.jpg

[/I]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lovely!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

...you are still at your sister's right...:scratch:

Yep back at my Sister place but it's roof over my head:thumbsup: even tho the property mgr does'nt like it.:D

but on the firing order issue i got it nailed now and damn does this truck run sweet! drove it to work last night could not believe the acceleration it has
and the power ain't too bad either:thumbsup:

but i guess i should state that the motor is modified a bit with the headers a modified stock TB and a JET chip runs better than my '99 ever did

just relieved that the Motor I bought was a solid piece like the previous owner said.:thumbsup:

other issues i have noticed since i started driving it:

need front brakes rotors are warped BADLY maybe causing the pedal to drop at a full stop???

Steering is kinda light feeling maybe loosey goosey feeling like it not connected to anything have to really pay attention to it when i am driving it.

might need shocks in the front or maybe new bushings kinda clunky up front
oh well time to pack it up and head back home.

now with that out of the way i can work on getting the exhaust leaks corrected time permitting of course since i am gonna be pretty busy the next week or so....sigh:(

...i can't wait to see it...keep an eye on your brake fluid level....also, look at your front brake lines...make sure they are not getting hung up...as for the steering i woukd like to see it....and i know what you mean about busy with work, i just got swamped and i'm lucky if i'm getting 2-3 hours sleep a day this week and it looks about the same for next week...i had to put off working on my X this weekend and i'm hoping to work on it next weekend...

Hey i wrote you in the other thread about the motor and stuff.....monday?

My big get ready for t-haven post....yeah right

Well looks like i got my front end clunk solved turned out to be a loose shock
whoever installed it had like 6 washers in there with the 2 bushings:eek: :confused: so took it apart and reassembled it the correct way. even did a little painting of my own ;) let's see what little else has happened...........

first pic was taken after i got the truck on the road. But before i could drive i had to remove the 2 small driving lights off the front. Found out after alittle searching I had too many lights on it and of course the others had to be covered.
DCFC0013.JPG

A little before paint pic..
DCFC0008.JPG

After some Paint
DCFC0016.JPG

Another one here I cleaned/painted the rear most crossmember to hopefully blend it in a little with rear bumper
DCFC0018.JPG

and yea i found a strap finally for the gas can was'nt exactly what i was looking for but it will work
DCFC0017.JPG

and of course once I found that strap at Harbor Freight I was doing a search on 4Wheel Parts site and found the exact strap i was looking for :mad: :banghead: damn

Nice nice. other that the front brush guard it reminds me of my old set up on 33s

Nice nice. other that the front brush guard it reminds me of my old set up on 33s

I might actually get closer to your old set-up :D did some searching on your front bumper the other day......cause me likey:thumbsup:

Awesome! I say after truckhaven you need to update your avatar.

Awesome! I say after truckhaven you need to update your avatar.

very true but i need someone to crop/resize a new one(s) for me since i don't have photo shop or anything like it to do my own avatars:(

I might actually get closer to your old set-up :D did some searching on your front bumper the other day......cause me likey:thumbsup:

Its real easy to make. With the tube being so bit its majorly strong. It went through the accident that i had two years ago that slightly bent the frame and not the bumper....ahhhhh lol

If you do one like this get it closer to the body than i did. I still have to take it off and cut it so its closer.

30743front-new-bump.jpg

First truck haven run

Hmmm been awhile since i updated this :)

Let see what has happened lately. Made it out to the Truckhaven "newbie run" truck ran great all the way out there had very little problems with it the only exception was a broken shock seems my little repair job didn't work plus the bushing in there was dry rotted so it pulled through the bracket and got all tore up in there bouncing around loose.

oh yeah i lost my steps almost immediately after getting there learned real quickly that going up a hill that amounts to a upside v and low hanging steps are not a good combo:thumbdwn: so i unbolted those and ditch them altogether.

pics of the MIA shock;)
DCFC0068.JPG

so everything went fine until it was time to leave and some of us decided to make one last run up the wash before grabbing something to eat and head home and then this happened.......

DCFC0077.JPG

DCFC0078.JPG

was doing about 50 mph following the group when a few of us decided to go off a ledge and when i came off of it the front end decided to spit out the coil spring and tore up the brake line.

Now Maniak is my "new" Mechanic;) he helped quite bit in getting my X fixed back up so I could get it home so i thought at the time:rolleyes:

well we got that fixed ate at the truckstop and was headed home untill i hit Palm Desert when the truck suddenly quit running!:mad: good thing for me that Tbars as following me when this happened and turned out in the end to be a life saver:thumbsup:

here's the thread of what happened so i don't have to recount everything that happened in Palm Desert;)

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197809

and i guess that a wrap on my little trip to Truck Haven
more to come......

...i thought i would add some memories of that trip for you....;)

the arrival to truck haven....
th002lc4.jpg

th011cs2.jpg

th007vv0oi0.jpg

....welcome to the notches, one of my favorites...:D
ruckhavenoct20017mediumdz1.jpg

...after step removal and inner fender trimming....
img5404rj0.jpg

...the infamous, on the way to sunday breakfast trip...
th194lz6.jpg

...and the end to a long but good weekend...:D
sort003od3.jpg

Haha I knew you waiting for the right time to post those.:D:thumbsup:

Wait, cyber, did you get your 99 explorer back? I just noticed a smiley next to it in your signature, and it's listed below your avatar.

Wait, cyber, did you get your 99 explorer back? I just noticed a smiley next to it in your signature, and it's listed below your avatar.

Hmm how that smilie get there?:scratch: dunno guess i goofed the last time I was editing my sig

but on the 99 i thought the bank was coming to get it but they never have so i still have it just sitting right now since the tags are expired and i don;t even know what it gonna cost to get updated.:eek:

but i have always had it listed below my avatar....heck it was the truck that brought me here in the first place:D

O ok, i guess i never noticed it listed under the avatar, but i noticed there was no longer a RIP in your sig.

O ok, i guess i never noticed it listed under the avatar, but i noticed there was no longer a RIP in your sig.

yup took it out when i was hyper linking my sig

the 91 is lookin real good

i must of missed it, whats the deal with your 99?

Well i have'nt made a payment on it in over a year and the bank keeps saying there coming to get it but never have...so i still have it

oh.... if i was you id be driving the **** out of it...

Back