Cybergasm's 1991 Explorer XLT 4x4 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cybergasm's 1991 Explorer XLT 4x4

Well now that I have a motor on the way and this truck will see the road again. It time to start a new thread on my other Explorer.:D

1991 Explorer XLT 4X4

I purchased this Truck in June 2007 for the measly sum of 800.00;) from the previous owner who resided in Mesa AZ. Ran and Drove but had engine problems so it had to trailered home to California. Where it has sat for the last few months waiting patiently for new motor. Here are some specs on it

The Vehicle:
'91 Explorer XLT model 145k on the clock.
OHC V-6 Auto Trans Manual T-case Manual Hubs:thumbsup:
4/5 inch Superlift? Ditched the Front springs in Favor of Pro Comp Springs
Reworked Extended Superlift Radius Arms.
3 Inch Body Lift
35X12.50/15 Pro Comp X Terrains on 15X10 Black Rockcrawler type rims
CB
Pioneer Stereo with Sirius Sat Radio
Prerunner Style Front Bumper
Square Tube Rear Bumper

MODS
Currently has the stock Exhaust back in it.
Jet Chip performance module
Back to using the Stock MAF
Modified Throttle Body
Stock Air Box with a K&N filter
Headman Headers
Zukman Desighned Shackles :D
Zukman Designed Sliders :D
Super lift shocks front and rear
Pro-Comp Front Steering Stabilizer
2nd Gen Leather Seats
Center Console

Here are some Photos from when i first go it.

0101070102040104032007060417c4a0a91615c8ff550055e2.jpg

010100010207010411200706041841cd9fb1c6b0422c000fe3.jpg

010107010212010309200706043ded07d70b2e4eb9fb0090bd.jpg

[/I]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...You've been MIA for to long...Let us know you are alive...:D

I was thinking the same a bit ago....

But then again i have been kinda slow on the forums lately too

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Trucker questions unanswered :(

1. What does it mean when you turn your lights off completely, then turn them back on during/after passing?

2. Nobody says "Break" anymore on the cb. Is that for urgent announcements only?

3. (Last ones) Channel 9: Fwy only? (CHP seems to responds faster than s#it when you broadcast a problem. But I used it on the street the other day... Any proper protocol when using channel 9? Are they really responding to the broadcast? Can they hear that? Or is it just coincidence?

Usually when truckers turn off lights and back on its a thanks for something or your clear to pass or merge over. Usually that flash but some turn off and on.

Dave is alive

im out of town for a family reunion but jim stopped by cyber's house and said hi. i guess he's doin all right but he broke his laptop :thumbdwn::(

...I'm glad he's alright and thanks for the head's up...:thumbsup:

The lights can also mean that there is a cop ahead.:salute:

I flash my light to let people know there is a cop ahead. I turn my lights on and off to tell people their lights are off and they need to turn them on.

im out of town for a family reunion but jim stopped by cyber's house and said hi. i guess he's doin all right but he broke his laptop :thumbdwn::(

I had thought someone had been missing..but I couldn't figure out who. Good to hear he is doing alright!

...You've been MIA for to long...Let us know you are alive...:D

Yep like posted in the "other thread" i am still here

Trucker questions unanswered :(

1. What does it mean when you turn your lights off completely, then turn them back on during/after passing?

2. Nobody says "Break" anymore on the cb. Is that for urgent announcements only?

3. (Last ones) Channel 9: Fwy only? (CHP seems to responds faster than s#it when you broadcast a problem. But I used it on the street the other day... Any proper protocol when using channel 9? Are they really responding to the broadcast? Can they hear that? Or is it just coincidence?

The lights can also mean that there is a cop ahead.:salute:

I flash my light to let people know there is a cop ahead. I turn my lights on and off to tell people their lights are off and they need to turn them on.

To answer these questions Yes if you are passing another truck and flash/dims his lights he is telling you are clear to get back in front of him. also when see truckers dim there trailer lights only that's a thank you nod in return.

And yes if you see a trucker coming at you and flashing the lights at you then probably there is a speed cop ahead or he's telling you to turn on your lights:p: the former is most likely tho.:thumbsup:

YEah your right donner nobody says Break anymore most CB etiquette has gone out the window these days so you just key up and start talking these days.

and finally yes CHP still does monitor ch9 still for emergencies only and many other state police agencies like CHP also monitor ch9 in their states too. and there is also some pockets of REACT groups still around that monitor too these days even tho there far and few nowadays.

they probably are responding to it if they hear it but i know CHP has some big ears out there:p: ever tried listening to them on a scanner????
ouch!

Yes this was quite a surprise for a Saturday Morning! After talking to Jim for a bit I left to take my Mom out and she wanted to go to local thrift store while i was walking around in there looking at stuff i happened by the electronics dept. and happen to spy a older model iMac sitting on the shelf started to check it out looked decent but could'nt test it in the store so i bought it anyways got it home and was quite surprised to find out the dang thing actually worked. Only problems i have found with it is the CD-RW doesn't work and the built-in speakers don't either but everything else is fine just had to do a little updating to the software and bam here i am again best part was the price tag 10.00:thumbsup::D

Since this thread is about my truck :shifty_ey a little update is in order since a couple of things have happened to the truck .

Had a pass. side axle pivot bracket break on me :eek: but from the looks of the bracket it was a long time in coming . Since it looked like a broke it sometime back and finally finished off the bracket in the grocery store parking lot:rolleyes: but it has been welded back together and seems to holding up fine for the time being.

also had a blow out on one of my 35's ya who what a ride that was ;) even tho i have not replaced it yet since i have'nt the cash to get another 35 yet so for now i am running around with Stic-O's old 32 inch spare on there and enjoying the gangsta lean it has now :( still looking for some 35X12.50-15's if some one has some laying around CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
prefer mud terrain type tread on em.

I also heard a rumor that someone is selling there Explorers and Bought a Volkswagen??????
I wonder who that could be???????????:scratch::shifty_ey

so for now i am running around with Stic-O's old 32 inch spare on there and enjoying the gangsta lean it has now

with the tread left on that thing, it is more like a 31! :p:

hey good to hear from you again cyber :thumbsup: and good deal on that computer. sorry to hear about the truck trouble

Beeping in...

Thank you! (do we have a cb etiquette sticky here?)

That aside, the other day, a fella asked what's my 20... I told him I'm new, I don't know what that means... (I think it means location, no?)

Another guy said he hit a cow... he was cursin'

(The only way to learn cb lingo is to use and listen to it. On occasion, I just sit way up here and listen, talk, etc... it helps)

CyBer's CB Lingo Sticky? :salute: Thanks again!

Attachments

• D0965DE9-270D-4516-8D65-3F788FD8FAE7_thumb.jpg
    D0965DE9-270D-4516-8D65-3F788FD8FAE7_thumb.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 527

Thank you! (do we have a cb etiquette sticky here?)

That aside, the other day, a fella asked what's my 20... I told him I'm new, I don't know what that means... (I think it means location, no?)

Another guy said he hit a cow... he was cursin'

(The only way to learn cb lingo is to use and listen to it. On occasion, I just sit way up here and listen, talk, etc... it helps)

CyBer's CB Lingo Sticky? :salute: Thanks again!

Ask and you shall receive:D
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=221883

now to get these postings outta here and over there:confused:

hey man! those seats look good in your truck!!

Belated thanks Clarkkent speaking of which has anyone seen him lately? :dunno:

well it bound to happen sooner or later :D but some actual work was done on my poor X.

while i was scoring parts for my Van i came across a new(used) computer for the Explorer ( who'd thunk I would find the correct coded computer in a cali junkyard?) already installed it and now it seems to run much better now.

but I haven't the chance yet to drive it :( but maybe this will help with the smog situation.

gonna have to sneak it out on a clandestine night run and see how it drives now.

stay tuned folks :D more to come on this.......

So actual Work happened yesterday :) Who'd thunk it ?

So i finally ditched my 31.5 inch spare and got another 35 for it. the back one, a 35X12.50-15 Pro Comp Mud Terrain
pic051609_2.jpg

and got the tow hooks and the lights mounted just need to wire the lights.
pic051609_6.jpg

This is all in anticipation of hitting the DMV and getting the plates for it finally on Monday.:salute:

....Anxiously awaiting Monday's report...:popcorn:

Well due to some miscommunication yesterday it did'nt happen but right now i sit and wait for the phone call. Then off to the DMV :D

Pardon the interruption
It passed Smog:D:thumbsup:

thank you and please carry on
now to wait till next tuesday for the DMV to reopen so i can get the plates and tags finally.

Back