Cyber's 1997 Mounty 5.0 AWD "Spanky" | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cyber's 1997 Mounty 5.0 AWD "Spanky"

Welp here we go again. New Ride for Cyber :D

After a bit of waiting I finally got her.

Hatch Date 12-12-96
Hatch Place Louisville KY

Specs:
1997 Mountianeer 5.0 AWD
5.0 with a Few Powder coated Pieces By Turdle
CAI Intake
Torque Monster Headers
Magnaflow Muffler replacing the Factory unit
Dick Cepek DC-1's 15x8
Timberline AT 31X10.50-15
3.73 "Performance" Axles
Leather Interior
"Upgraded" Stereo System ('nuff said :D)
Clear Corners in Front, Aftermarket Taillights
Miles? Lots :p:
3rd Documented Owner

A few Pics for now and I will update this some more later. If this Rig looks familiar to some it should be since I purchased this from Dan Whitaker :thumbsup:

2011-04-09122353.jpg

2011-04-09122425.jpg

2011-04-09122617.jpg

spankyengine2.jpg

2011-04-09154945.jpg

Let the Mods Begin :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Some more pics of the new wheels. Thanks to Gmanpaint for picking them up today:thumbsup:

cyber1.jpg

cyber4.jpg

cyber3.jpg

cyber2.jpg

cyber5.jpg

cyber6.jpg

Now who has some 33's laying around they wanna get rid of on the cheap?:D

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Love it!! I'm diggin the taillights especially....and the current wheels.

Bump

Updated Info/added a couple pics on 1st post :D

That is all

I like the rims! :thumbsup:

Dave you ould have at least left me a key!! Made breaking into it a hole lot harder and messy. Sure runs good and drives nice also. a bit windy on the passenger side after making mess.
You must be rich to have a bad azz car also!!!

Be safe man!!!

Looks like a fun new toy!! You should cover it with one of these:

Attachments

• mag.PNG
    mag.PNG
    21 KB · Views: 419

...I just saw this, Congrats...:D

..If you need someone to drive your other X back there Harley and I could do that...:burnout:

Looks like a fun new toy!! You should cover it with one of these:

Funny you mention that. The same seller that was selling the Valve Body was also selling the exact pan too but I lost the auction on it at the last minute by 2.50:rolleyes:

So any ways I will get a new one from Mag Hytec before i slap in the Valve Body.

And Ted when your Ready lemme know :D

So since i have bought this it has been parked at the truck stop while i have been on the road .

Was a little leary when i finally made it home today since it has been sitting that the battery would be dead. Such was not the case hopped in it today and she fired right up :D

Yeah I think this one is a Keeper :D
IMG_20110514_162420.jpg

it is just begging to be driven, plates on Monday:thumbsup:

Good stuff mate!!!

Awesome, that V8 will be getting a work out :D

I just saw this too- I knew you got the valve body from Nick, but didn't know you wanted the pan too- I'd have just gone over there and got it for you! lol!

The truck does shift amazingly well with that Lentech in there... You'll like it. No more laaaazy Explorer shifts!

I just saw this too- I knew you got the valve body from Nick, but didn't know you wanted the pan too- I'd have just gone over there and got it for you! lol!

The truck does shift amazingly well with that Lentech in there... You'll like it. No more laaaazy Explorer shifts!

Yeah i am here in town waiting to get my hands on the Lentech and get in the trans ASAP :D

and of course get my hands on the "Mods" I have Ordered for Spanky and get busy on those too :thumbsup:

Well today was a good day :D Spanky in now an official and legal Resident of Kansas now. :thumbsup:

KSplatemodified.jpg

And thanks to Reaperseviltwin for Graciously supplying a Frame for Spanky :thumbsup:

Got the Ultra Gauge installed also today. Pretty neat item to have :)

It is going to pretty useful in diagnosing this issue
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2730730&posted=1#post2730730

If anyone has any ideas we should would appreciate it

So since i have bought this it has been parked at the truck stop while i have been on the road .

Was a little leary when i finally made it home today since it has been sitting that the battery would be dead. Such was not the case hopped in it today and she fired right up :D
Glad you've got a great ride man.

Yeah I think this is Keeper :D

Some one call for me?

welp had a few hours to kill yesterday after Picking up a Load Olathe KS so i stopped at the house and played with the Mounty :D

With the Help of Blueka AKA Simon i was able to acquire a set of the UK Spec Rear Fog Lamps for the Rear Bumper :D

gave them the First trial fitting to see what it would like and what i need to get them Mounted.

IMG_20110614_191737.jpg

close up
IMG_20110614_191759.jpg

No Just need a weekend off and some steel for the Mounting Brackets and then be good to go :D

Back