Cylinder Head vendors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cylinder Head vendors

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

iirc for perfformance stuff people have liked supersix... but as far as stock, dunno! cant live stock ;)

Good resource in case my cylinder head cracks :)

The aftermarket cylinder heads have an updated design with more material in the area where cracks occur on the stock heads. Being that those are a genuine Ford part I would think they are still the crack-prone heads. Good price, yes, but they may last you forever or crack after some use.

When I rebuilt my engine I used new aftermarket heads from Clearwater Cylinder Head. I got the fully assembled heads with all new parts for around that same price a few years ago but it looks like they are around $600 now. Clearwater has mixed reviews but so far I have no complaints with them.

The aftermarket cylinder heads have an updated design with more material in the area where cracks occur on the stock heads. Being that those are a genuine Ford part I would think they are still the crack-prone heads. Good price, yes, but they may last you forever or crack after some use.

When I rebuilt my engine I used new aftermarket heads from Clearwater Cylinder Head. I got the fully assembled heads with all new parts for around that same price a few years ago but it looks like they are around $600 now. Clearwater has mixed reviews but so far I have no complaints with them.
The 93' and up cylinder heads are good castings, these are the 93TM versions it's the 92' and older that had the real bad issues. My old Green 93' explorer is still on the road with over 300k on the original engine it's had the lower intake resealed once and that all that's ever been down the the base engine. I've been a Ford technician for 33+ so I tend to lean heavily toward using factory parts.

Back