CylinderHead overtemp P1285 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CylinderHead overtemp P1285

Dale Jr

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Base 4x4 2.3
i have a 2016 Explorer base model 4x4 2.3 EcoBoost. It started with a misfire P0302 and coolant smell from exhaust with coolant level in reservoir dropping very little each day while using vehicle. . Moved plug to 1 and coil to 3, cleared codes and P0302 came back. Misfire was only at startup for about 10-15 seconds. Found beginning of head gasket leak.....98,000 miles. Used Blue Devil sealer and it stopped leak and misfires. Have now been getting P1285 cylinder over-temp, but while driving and watching with Snapon Solis Pro the cylinder head temp pid is at 208 when code sets. Also display reads coolant overtemp.
My thoughts are the Blue Devil has probably coated the ECT sensor and CHT sensor??

Help with thoughts please!

Also is the CHT located directly above the thermostat housing module?
i have a 2016 Explorer base model 4x4 2.3 EcoBoost. It started with a misfire P0302 and coolant smell from exhaust with coolant level in reservoir dropping very little each day while using vehicle. . Moved plug to 1 and coil to 3, cleared codes and P0302 came back. Misfire was only at startup for about 10-15 seconds. Found beginning of head gasket leak.....98,000 miles. Used Blue Devil sealer and it stopped leak and misfires. Have now been getting P1285 cylinder over-temp, but while driving and watching with Snapon Solis Pro the cylinder head temp pid is at 208 when code sets. Also display reads coolant overtemp.
My thoughts are the Blue Devil has probably coated the ECT sensor and CHT sensor??

Help with thoughts please

Back