D44/9" Swap | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

D44/9" Swap

I got my donor vehicle home yesterday, It is a 78 f-150 with a 4" lift
I am going to the leave the axles full width. Intially I plan on putting a detroit locker in the 9 with yukon 4.56 gears and the 44 is getting a yukon 4.56's, ARB locker.
The Radius arm brackets from the f-150 will be bolted to explorers frame.
I would like to box and extend the radius arms with a heim joints

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Positive Vibes said:
Who'd you sell the doubler to???

tacorocketswiss

Trckmagik- good write up :thumbsup:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I finally decided on 4.88's and ARB's front and rear, I ordered them tonight :thumbsup:

Your wife won't be happy when SHE shows up at your door! :eek:

Attachments

• ups%20chick.jpg
    ups%20chick.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 370

I got twins now

Now just waiting on the gears and install kits to get here :D
9883IM001042.jpg

fascinating. now have the box on the right (and its content) shipped to Gaithersburg, Maryland please ;)

i want a dana44

i got this ******* (wago) but i dunno when ill ever get to it - ive gone back to school for my masters so time and money are non existent!!! but i hope to have it torn down and regear it sometime this summer.

Since those ARB's appear to just be taking up space, you can ship them to Lawrenceville, GA. If you want, you can also ship over the axles. I'll even pay for shipping! :D

Thanks guys :thumbsup: When I got home tonight and saw them sitting on the floor, I could not think where to ship them :D

bmxking5 said:
Since those ARB's appear to just be taking up space, you can ship them to Lawrenceville, GA. If you want, you can also ship over the axles. I'll even pay for shipping! :D
:nono: No no, I PMed him and he's already packing the D44 ARB for me. He said he'd have it in UPS' hands by morning. Im looking forward to my next transaction with this seller. :thumbsup:

jrgaylor said:
When I got home tonight and saw them sitting on the floor
The delivery man has keys to your house!!!!

Fine IZ, you can have the ARB for the front. As long as I get the axles and ARB for 9"! :D

life is good

4.88's and master install kits and new 5.5 wild horse springs (they are on special for $99)

9883IM001044.jpg

still waiting on rear spring perches and front shock mounts to come.

i swear, every box that arrives at ur door is blue.

I talked to the guy who is going to set up my axles and it is going to be about 10 days before he gets time for them :thumbdwn:

I am still waiting on my guy to finish up my axles, but it quit raining here so I made some progress in mounting the ARB compressor and swithces.

Attachments

• IM001085.JPG
    IM001085.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 289
  • IM001087.JPG
    IM001087.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 284
  • IM001090.JPG
    IM001090.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 286

Lookin' good! Did you have to remove anything to put the compressor in?

j602 said:

I doubt it, that's where I put my tranny filter/temp sensor. There's almost enough room for a second battery if he'd gone with E Lockers. Then he'd have the extra power for the winch and stereo and electric cooler and, and, and :D

You could have cleaned it a little first, Joe :rolleyes:

j602 said:

There was some sort of emissions box, that needs to go back in directly below the compressor, I know someday we will have testing here.

Phil- I did use the pressure washer on it earlier, it I got the X to clean then I would have to think about removing some dents :D

Back