Yomie

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Biloxi, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Toyota
This is a LP Waggy D44, 65" WMS, unknown year

wondering if you guy's can tell if this is a Disconnect axle by looking at the pics, i don't think it is but need help

P8090002.jpg

P8090001.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You sure its a Waggy axle? And not a J10? Cauz there are small differences (in width).

The guy said it is a waggy, but he said it was 65" WMS. It really doesn't matter to me, its still a 44, better than a 30..

its my new axle now

Oh ok, I thought you were looking at it to pull parts from (axle shafts, etc..)

Oh ok, I thought you were looking at it to pull parts from (axle shafts, etc..)

once i get it home, how will i be able to tell the exact vehicle it came from

Well based on the width, you can only have a certain level of confidence it came from vehicle A or vehicle B. Measure the axle shafts and cross reference it, thats one way of telling.

yeah, when i take it apart to clean it i am going to measure the shafts and note that down, so when i order 4340's i know how long they need to be

Cool please let us know what the lengths turn out to be.

I talked to the guy yesterday about the width of the axle, it is 65" WMS and the axle is out of a Cherokee Chief not a waggy... :thumbsup:

Thats pretty much the same axle I'm using then. Also the same as really late 70's J-10. The driver's side inner shaft should be around 17.75" in length and the passenger's side should be 34 something I think.

Look up the Bill Of Materials (BOM) number on it (should be a 6-digit number beginning with "6" stamped into the face of the axletube).

Look up the Bill Of Materials (BOM) number on it (should be a 6-digit number beginning with "6" stamped into the face of the axletube).

x2, it'll be on the front of the long side axle tube fairly close to the differential.

Once you get the BOM just go to the Dana/Spicer web-site and you can look it up. All you have to do is type in the number and it'll tell you exactly what year, make, and model vehicle it came out of.

Back