daily driver project | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

daily driver project

well unless someone makes me a good offer on buying the car the way it is, it will most likely be parted out, so you can take whatever you want off of it (4x4shift motor, seat brackets? etc.) i already have a few things i want off it ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

captain's chairs? don't really know. just the standerd two seats in front and 70/30 bench seat rear.

they're like the very first picture, with buttons on the side. i thought you meant "sport" as in two door seats that fold all the way forward. they're not electric seats, but they have the electric side supports.

If ya end up parting the black one I might be interested in the headers and the sticker for em:D

and i guess your in no big hurry to get that exhaust back are ya?

ooooh they're sport buckets, like my seats? Does the front piece move forward to extend the bottom of the seat? (did that make sense?)

If they are, and you part it out, I want them.

you mean to move the part you sit on away from the part your back is against?

the seats are all torn up (good ol leather seats :rolleyes:) the rear seats are pretty good, but the fronts have ghetto seat covers on them.

yeah i guess im in no hurry to get that exhaust back cyber. but i had to put yours on my white explorer to get it drivable, and holy crap that thing is laud!!!! sounds great when you go under freeways, but you have to crank the stereo all the way up to hear it with all the cabin drone. but when i get the chance, i'll swap it out for the gibson thats on the black, your v-force will be waiting for you again

Shift motor, yes. Seat brackets, maybe, if they'll make the driver seat higher :). And some parts for the driver's window and maybe the door hinge? Haha, and maybe a right front fender.

you mean to move the part you sit on away from the part your back is against?

the seats are all torn up (good ol leather seats :rolleyes:) the rear seats are pretty good, but the fronts have ghetto seat covers on them.

I just went out and took this. This is a sport bucket. The front part moves forward, and they have more lateral support than the captain's chairs..

Attachments

• Sport-Bucket.jpg
    Sport-Bucket.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 225

Froader, why do you need seats, from what i remember your interior was in tip top shape.

and holy crap that thing is laud!!!! sounds great when you go under freeways, but you have to crank the stereo all the way up to hear it with all the cabin drone. but when i get the chance, i'll swap it out for the gibson thats on the black, your v-force will be waiting for you again

Yea i miss that sound but hopefully soon i can the cash together to get the smog repairs done on this thing and get those damn plates:rolleyes:.

wasn't that due last month? :(

whoa colin, i didn't explorer chairs could do that. i'll have to go check mine out to see if they do!

I just went out and took this. This is a sport bucket. The front part moves forward, and they have more lateral support than the captain's chairs..

Sweet!!!. Im gonna have to keep an eye out for some of those to replace the ****ty seats in my explorer.

just went out and looked at the bkack explorer. "damages" fire the fire that the firetrucks came out for is... melted shift cable, melted hood release cable, and two hoses going to the vacum cluster melted. that looks to be it. so now im wondering maybe there's another option for the black, maybe fix those problems and slap this in there http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pts/596344494.html and sell the truck running and complete? what do you guys think?

wasn't that due last month? :(

Yup and still driving it daily expired permit and all.:( Hopefully I don't get caught or i am sunk cause if I do get caught. I lose the X for good no getting it back.:thumbdwn: Since the DMV won't issue any more permits for it.

whoa cyber, your making my explorer light fire seem pretty good in comparison :(

got the ex in the garage today
IMG_0664Medium.jpg

tried to take some picks of the ,elted wires/hoses, but i don't think you can see anything in the picks :rolleyes:

IMG_0642Medium.jpg

IMG_0643Medium.jpg

IMG_0645Medium.jpg

here's the fornt seat

IMG_0641Medium.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pssst buddie lemme borrow those plates for awhile :D

Back