Dallas 4X4's AGR this weekend!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dallas 4X4's AGR this weekend!!

Yeah, the sand was pretty soft in areas.
Here I am pulling Dave out of some soft sand that he got himself stuck in.

Attachments

• 97134.jpg
    97134.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 130

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Johnstone
I had read in this post that you might be out there on Sat. So I was keeping an eye out for you, but I never saw you.

Cat rock? Do you mean Eagle's rock?
When we weren't driving around we were parked on the river side of Eagle's rock.
I was there with a guy in a red Jeep Wrangler.

In this attached are some people camped near Eagle's rock and they had a canopy that I guessed could be described as a parachute thingy.

Right about 25 feet infront of your truck is right where we camped!
if you look at that rock it is spray painted "Cat Rock", I DL'ed the pics from my camera when I get home tonight I'll re-size and post then up, I climbed to the top of that rock like you did and photographed our camp.

How in the world did we miss each other, that's just nuts! :mad:

See now how did we miss each other???????

Attachments

• camp.jpg
    camp.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 128

Cat Rock?????

Eagle's Rock??????

Attachments

• cat rock.jpg
    cat rock.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 114

What time of day was that?
I saw the horses when we were leaving. They were down near the road when we left.

That pic was taken later on after we had wheeled a lil and then set up camp, prolly about 7:30 or so.

Did you see these guys wheeling around????

They parked and were partying just below us on the other side of the rock.

Attachments

• z71.jpg
    z71.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 109

Yeah, I was just noticing the shadows and figured it was after we had left.

Well, in the 3pm to 4:30pm time frame we were mostly on the other side of Eagle's Rock playing in the water. I'd have to check my pictures at home for the exact time frame. But, we weren't very visible if you drove by the rock on the way up the river. But, it was a cool spot to hangout and play in the water. It was in the Noon to 2pm time frame that we went up river a little ways. But, we didn't get too far before Dave's family wanted to go back to the rock for snacks and for the kids to play in the little rapids.

Well, I've got your phone # now. :D
I know my phone only works up at Eagle's rock.

Originally posted by SVO
Did you see these guys wheeling around????

They parked and were partying just below us on the other side of the rock.
Yeah, I met the guy with the Z71. He really liked my truck. I was parked right about where he is at in your picture just before we left. I was talkin to him and another local I had met out there before that has a grey Cherokee.
I didn't meet the guy that owned the Red diesel Blazer, but had seen him around all day long. At home I've got a picture of him going through some deep water.

Here's your grey Cheerokee, that thing had nice articulation going on.

Attachments

• dsc00356.jpg
    dsc00356.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 95

And let Dave know not to feel so bad about getting stuck in the soft sand out there happened to me about 4 times!

T-lok rebuild and hi-po mod this week!

Attachments

• dsc00405.jpg
    dsc00405.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 91

And just so Dave doesn't feel bad it was a J**per that pulled me out!

Attachments

• dsc00406.jpg
    dsc00406.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 89

Beware of these guys in this white Chevy.

If you see them stuck. Leave them stuck.

I normal will go out of my way to help people without wanting anything in return. But, those guys are worth it. They get stuck because they party too much while wheeling and get themselves stuck.
This picture is from my first time out at the Slabs on 2/1/2003. Me and my offroadworld.net buddies spent a couple hours trying to get them out. We got them dragged alot closer to the road, but they still got stuck again and left there truck there again.
I saw the same dude on Sat. as I was leaving. He was braggin to me that he had gotten it stuck again deep in some sand and it was 15 days before he got it out again. And as usual he looked pretty wasted.
I don't mind partying, but I don't look favorably on drinking heavily during the day while you are out driving. I leave that for at night around the campfire.

Attachments

• 87685.jpg
    87685.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 93

Beware of these guys in this white Chevy.

If you see them stuck. Leave them stuck.

Yeah we got the BIG 10-4 on that one, there were two of them on the roof of it with a Q-Beam driving through the deep water that night and were looking to get stuck, plus they were having cooling problems the next day, there were totally driving like fools.
And talking a lot of noise, I feel the same way you do about drinking and wheeling, even there or anywhere else you can seriously hurt or injure someone doing that, not to mention property damage.

They were just lucky they didn't throw the rider's off the roof! :eek:

So keeping it at the camp is a good thing!

Attachments

• dsc00362.jpg
    dsc00362.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 104

Originally posted by SVO
And just so Dave doesn't feel bad it was a J**per that pulled me out!
Too bad we missed each other. Then you could have been pulled out by me with a real offroad vehicle, a Ford Explorer! LOL

LOL, is this a Slabs thread or an AGR thread?

Need to start an Aftermath Slabs thread and put some of our pictures in them.

Cya,
JJ

Too bad we missed each other. Then you could have been pulled out by me with a real offroad vehicle, a Ford Explorer! LOL

Yeah I'm always looking forward to meeting people off of this board, it really was too bad we missed each other, we would liked to have you all stay for dinner, and conversation.

And yes getting pulled by you would have been a lot better than submitting to the J**p and the "Front Porch" Dodge Prospector!

Although, everyone who helped each other was greatly appreciated, I did have to tug a Toyota from being high-centered.

Back