Dammit Rick! I bought another one! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dammit Rick! I bought another one!

This is all @Rick fault. I bought another Explorer today, but before you all jump to conclusions and calling me Zukman ( :p ), here me out...

Why did I buy Another Explorer? Well I as some you may know, I ordered a 2019 Ranger, but it will not be here for a few months and I need to dump my Focus ST, but I still need a DD in between. So what do I do? Buy a cheap reliable truck that I know well.

Now the fun part, look at what I found.:D

1997 Ford Explorer XL 2wd
4.0 OHV
5-Speed Manual (yes a 4dr Manual)
3.27 gears
A/C

No really that's it. It super bare bones, Manual Everything! Manual Windows, Manual Mirrors, Manual Door Locks. Vinyl Seats. Runs really smooth:thumbsup:

It's in crazy good condition, super clean in and out. Has a few minor thing to fix, but nothing crazy.

Will be available for sale in 6 months or less if anyone is interested.

full&d=1537141593.jpg

full&d=1537250321.jpg

full&d=1537250321.jpg

I would fix it on the stand. It sounds like you nailed the problem.

Our Ram threw a brake warning light one morning. Turned out that a critter chewed through the wire going to a front wheel speed sensor. I popped the hood and it had started to build a nest on the intake manifold using under hood insulation, bits of wire insulation, etc.

Well, I decided to fix it in the truck, so I know everything is perfect.

20210501_172520.jpg

Once the intake was off I found this..

20210501_172443.jpg

And another one gone....I don't keep the black ones....lol

20210827_184145.jpg

Back