Damn this truck

DonM

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Ocean View, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
Well, I just went out and started the trucka and the O/D off light is flashing. I realize what it could and most likely is. (Torque Converter) :mad:

I just had the damn tranny rebuilt over two years ago under warranty. So now i hope my extended warranty has not run up just yet. I know it's very close. :(

EDIT: Im good for another 4,000 miles, talk about lucky. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey guys, sorry I actually have a question here. I was just going thru some receipts from the past owner. One of them looked like they may have done some tranny work? It's hard to make out 100%.

If my TC is gone and this would mean another tranny rebuild, this would be the third time. Isnt there a lemon law on this?

There is usually a time limitation with most lemon laws. You have to have the same problem within the first two years two or more times, for example.

Here's a link I found with the New Jersey Lemon Law:

NJ Lemon Law

Thanks dogfriend. Seems as though the lemon law doesnt apply to me as Im the second owner.

Oh well atleast It's covered under warranty.

I tried resetting the computer, no good. Im gonna call the dealer now and let them know im coming in, again!

A little while ago, I took it around the block. Im not sure what this is, but every time I came to a stop I kept getting a clunking noise and a jerk.

I know about the slip yoke thingy, but I fixed that awhile ago. Feels more like the tranny...

Just a small udate.

Flashing O/D off light did stop flashing after the reset. Which I should have never done! If there was actually a problem, it cleared the codes. Im more concerned about finding the problem, rather then hiding it.

I took it to Cottman a few hours ago and went for a test drive. According to him, it shifts normal and no codes were found of course.

Anyway, I goofed on the miles. I have 2,000 miles left on my Extended warranty. So if there is a problem, I just hope it comes back soon. Im not forking out over $2000 for this junk of an SUV I bought.

If I would have been smarter, i would have done more research on the Explorer's before I bought one. No more Explorer for me.

Another question, when talking to the gentlemen at Cottman. I mentioned I had the tranny rebuilt over two years ago. He asked me what was done. I really didnt know, the dealer told me they just rebuilt it.

He all so mentioned they should have done all the updates on the tranny. But that doesnt mean they did. So now im wondering what exactly the Dealer did?

If it was rebuilt at the dealership, they probably just replaced the whole unit with a factory rebuilt unit. Its also possible that they just repaired it, which would mean it didn't get any upgrades. The only way to know is to get the records on it from the previous owner or from the dealership assuming you can contact either one.

Good luck

BTW, I have had very few problems with my 97, although I may have the start of a trans problem with 93K miles

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought.

I have the reciept from the dealer. With all the replacement parts. But they might as well be in another language. :D

If I knew Cottman honered my extended warranty over two years ago, I would have had them do the work.

According to Cottman, the tranny upgrades will ensure a much stronger tranny.

Back