Damned Front End Squeak

LiKuiD

bahhhhhhhhh
Reaction score
City, State
Hillsborough, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 EB
For starters I did search alot on this topic and most threads either had no solution or it had different symptoms then my truck. So on that note...

The front end has this ear shattering squeak that is loud enough to hear with the windows up and radio on. Here's what I've got so far.

Squeaks when:

From a stop, the second I start accelerating and while coasting with foot off gas, it squeaks. I'm not sure exactly what speed it stops but it seems to be around 40mph.

Does not squeak when:

Any brake is applied. I can be going 5mph or 45mph and the second I tap the brake it stops instantly, and the second I let off of it the squeak returns.

I tried rocking the car side to side and no sqeak and it doesnt make any noises when going over bumps so I imagine that rules out shocks.

Any thoughts? This is driving me nuts!

I can be going 5mph or 45mph and the second I tap the brake it stops instantly, and the second I let off of it the squeak returns.
This indicates the trouble is in the brake pads. The noise is probably the pad wear tab that's rubbing on the rotor. New brake pads should cure it.
:burnout:

New pads eh? That sounds feesable....even my evil mechanic said they were running low. I think i'll give some new ones a shot!

Back