Dana 35 Ford TTB Hub Questions

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
Rick posted this awhile ago... its a spindle nut upgrade for the d35...
http://www.explorer4x4.com/spindlenut.html

over at www.rrorc.com a member named 4x4junkie said this "the Warn premium hubs pt# 37780 are much stronger than the regular Warn hubs. These are listed under Jeep D35 FF apps, why they aren't also under the Ranger/Explorer apps, i don't know."

Now I know what rick posted will work with my truck....
has anyone on here tried the jeep hubs? this member (who seems pretty knowledgeable and respected on that board) says it will work... will the jeep hubs work? and can these 2 things be used in conjunction with each other?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If the Jeep hubs are better and fit on the Explorer than what else is involved? perhaps a different conversion kit?
That is very interesting. I was going to buy Made by Warn - Ford Manual hubs.... should I?

Originally posted by jimabena74

over at www.rrorc.com a member named 4x4junkie said this "the Warn premium hubs pt# 37780 are much stronger than the regular Warn hubs. These are listed under Jeep D35 FF apps, why they aren't also under the Ranger/Explorer apps, i don't know."

Check the spline count, and make sure it's the same.

remember, the d35 under the explorer uses d44 sized u-joints, and stub shafts. The d35 used under jeeps wasn't always that way.

The d35 was never used under the front of Jeeps (it was used in the rear). The front axle under the Jeep is a d30.

from what i noticed on the other site... mr boyle is correct..... it said it is for a rear full floating axle on a jeep.....

Back