Dana 35 hubs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dana 35 hubs

Reaction score
City, State
Bonney lake wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Mazda navajo
Hey guys just got back into the RBV world. I picked up a 94 Mazda navajo that's in surprisingly good condition. My plans are to do a 2 inch lift and use some extended radius arms that I have had sitting around for years. I started looking around for manual locking hubs and found quite a few different brands then I remember seeing in the past. So my question is about AVM and rugged ridge hubs. I see that they are a little cheaper than the warn hubs and they come with the spindle nuts and locking washer but are they any good or should I stick with warn?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

stick with the warn hubs they are the best imo

Nothing wrong with Mile Marker either. Great customer support too.

I think AVM hubs are only for 98-00 IFS Rangers, not for TTB.

Nothing wrong with Mile Marker either. Great customer support too.

I agree! Mine have worked great for years. Especially after cleaning them out and properly lubing them.

I think AVM hubs are only for 98-00 IFS Rangers, not for TTB.
The part number for the 98-00 ranger avm hubs is 470. The part number for the 90-97 TTB is 465. Anybody have any experience with AVM or rugged ridge or is everybody just a fan of the warn products and not willing to try anything else.

Wow, good to know on the AVMs for D35, another option!

Well I decided to give the avm hubs a try because i have had and broke warns in the past. They are quite a bit cheaper than the warns. I found a set for 119.99 and they come with the necessary spindle nuts to convert from auto lockers. Warn wants 45 bucks on top of the price of their hubs for those. I also picked up a set of 35x12.50 Goodyear mtr tires on wheels with about 60% tread for 100 bucks. I was gonna post a pic but I haven't figured out how to do it from my phone yet

That is a good price for new hubs!

FYI - Be very meticulous with torquing the inner spindle nut and watch your bearings. Those 35x12.5 tires will wear those bearings out quickly. The short stub shafts in our knuckles don't have much to handle really large tires compared to a D44 or larger axle.

I bought those 35s mainly for the wheels they were mounted on. I am currently in the process of trying to convince my friend to trade me for his 33s. I also stopped at a local wrecking yard today and picked up a set of warn hubs that look to be pretty new, spindle nuts and a random piece I am gonna use for a tire swing gate for 50 bucks. I got new ra bushings and the bracket I needed to get it going. I should have it rolling on coil spacers and left shackles this weekend. It will be temporary because I'm gonna extend a set of factory radius arms use f250 shock mounts and a took f150 springs. But the plan is to get it going for right now

Back