dana 35 on 38.5x15in boggers | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

dana 35 on 38.5x15in boggers

HAHAHAHA! I wish I would see that truck pull up every time I ordered pizza.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I installed my body lift by my self in my driveway its not thats hard. On first gens you have to drop the gas tank to get to one of the mounts but its pretty straight foward. I believe theres a few threads on here showing how to install one, just do a search.

I installed my body lift by my self in my driveway its not thats hard. On first gens you have to drop the gas tank to get to one of the mounts but its pretty straight foward. I believe theres a few threads on here showing how to install one, just do a search.

Thanks for the info, Im thinking about just doing it myself, it can't be too hard....knock on wood.

Oh yea if you live in a rusty state, thankfully I dont, then it will make removing the body bolts a PITA. I'd make sure I get all the mud off the bolts and then soak them in penatrating oil. Other than that just make sure you have all the tools you need and study over the instructions beforehand so you'll know what your doing when you start instead of having to stop and read the instructions eight billion times.;)

body bolts are insanely hard to remove... alteast mine were. At the middle of each bolt all the threads were rusted away. PB blast them everyday for a week or so. and get an impact wrench if you dont have one. good luck

Has anyone ever had trouble finding a shop to but a body lift on?

When I lived in La Crosse, WI, I had Midwest Offroad install my body lift. It was $600 installed. Everything was great, but then after that we parted ways. I snapped some manual hubs and we didn't see eye-to-eye.

Just thought I'd throw that out there, it's 4 hours from your place.

Looking back, I can't believe I didn't try that myself, but that was before I was even a member on this forum.

As for the flares, I say just hack them down with the sawzall and run it as is. Your not going to want to pay $400 for some bushwackers are you???

When I lived in La Crosse, WI, I had Midwest Offroad install my body lift. It was $600 installed. Everything was great, but then after that we parted ways. I snapped some manual hubs and we didn't see eye-to-eye.

Just thought I'd throw that out there, it's 4 hours from your place.

Looking back, I can't believe I didn't try that myself, but that was before I was even a member on this forum.

As for the flares, I say just hack them down with the sawzall and run it as is. Your not going to want to pay $400 for some bushwackers are you???

Ive already got a hell of a lot trimming! lol, I just love how those flares look, they make it look so much bigger/wider, plus my tires stick way the hell out of my fender with the -45mm offset and the 15" wide boggers. Does bushwaker even make a set for our 1st gens? I know they are expensive, Does anyone else make any?

I'm not sure about the flares as I'm not a big fan of them but I'm sure someone else knows. But I'm curious as to how much trimming you had to do to fit those monsters. Do you have any pics of the trimmed areas?

I'm not sure about the flares as I'm not a big fan of them but I'm sure someone else knows. But I'm curious as to how much trimming you had to do to fit those monsters. Do you have any pics of the trimmed areas?

Well I dont really have all that much trimming. I will post up pics of the trimming, I only had to trim up front, and I had to cut part of the body under the fender. It will be easier to explain with pictures.

news!

Hey guys, sorry its been a while since my last post, Ive just been doing a lot of work on my truck! As some of you may know, I was having trouble with my lo-range on my electric shift t-case (it never worked). So what I did was buy a manual 1354 transfer case on this website from Josh S. He's got a lot of cool stuff for sale, so whatever you are in the market for, check him out. Anyway, I just recently got finished with installing the manual t-case (with lo-range) and went out testing her a couple of times since then.... WOW, what a freakin' difference!! This t-case has completley restored my faith in how truly amazing these trucks are!! In addition with the 4:88's, the manual tranny (still with the stock clutch), and this transfercase with lo-range, all 4 of the 38.5" boggers are a sinch to get spinnig, even in 2nd gear! Im not even worried about running the stock clutch anymore, or about not having enough power to turn the big tires. I am truly impressed and I can only hope and pray that my bone stock dana 35 will hold up for the time-being, because I am really happy with the way the truck is performing right now!:D

Nope, apparently you can cut the fenderwell a little enough to fit a wrench in there. I plan on doing that when I do mine. NO WAY AM I DROPPING MY TANK!:thumbdwn::eek:
I helped my brother drop his in his wrangler and there's more room under there and I can pretty much garentee that my ex will be harder! Just don't wanna do it!:D

sill holdin up!

Alright guys, its been about 3 months or so since i put the 38.5in boggers on my stock dana 35, and I am elated to report that the little axle who could has not faultered in even the littlest way! Absolutley nothing has broken, and i must say Ive beat the crap out of it! Ive had the rpm's up to about 4000 in some really deep stuff time and time again. I have even had all 4 tires on solid dirt, pulling out a jeep, and had em all spinning for a while, and yet... nothing broke. I must say how deeply impressed I am at this point, watching vehicle after vehicle, axle after axle break, 2005 rubicon wranglers, k5 blazers, all breaking theyre stuff, and the little mighty ford lives to mud another day! Thats for all you ttb haters out there:p:, and maybe Ill convince someone to reconsider theyre solid axle swap project. lol. Anyway, just thought id let y'all know how shes been holdin up.

wow, so you are seeing vehicles break axles on the same terrain? I bet you can contibute that to
1) not running a locker
2) being thankful for only having 155 hp

LOL, thats pretty much what I was thinking. But nevertheless... Im still shocked. And yes, on the same terrain, at the same spot. But its not like Im takin her easy, I probably get her muddy 2-3 times a week!

Wow I'm impressed! You gotta get some vids of it in action. Do they rub much when the suspension compresses?

Wow I'm impressed! You gotta get some vids of it in action. Do they rub much when the suspension compresses?

Yes, the tires rub when the suspension flexes out, more so in the back than in the front. Not to mention that I still have not tackled the 3in body lift yet and am still only on a 5.5in suspension lift, guess Im just lazy:D. But Ill get around to it, Ill need to if Im gonna try to fit 39.5's. Lol, Im only half kidding. I dont think I want to tempt the fates cus its running really well now, and I think id definatley have to do 5:13 gears at that point.

This makes me feel so much better about deciding to run 35s with the stock D35...

This makes me feel so much better about deciding to run 35s with the stock D35...

The D35 will last a long time with 35s depending on your driving style and also as mentioned above a locker will put some extreme stresses on it if you choose to install one. Ive been running 35's on mine for quite awhile and the only thing ive broken is a locking hub.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i want a 1st gen :(

Back