• Register Today It's free!

Dana 35 TTB Upgrades

Naasau

Reaction score
City, State
Denver Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Explorer XLT
Alright guys, I've been looking around for a while, and since I just blew another auto hub and have warped rotors, I'm finally ready to throw money at my poor TTB.

I was looking into upgrading the brake system with the dual piston knuckle out setup from a '95-'97 Ranger, combined with the Warn 37780's. My question is, are these two components compatible, and will I need to purchase a spindle lock nut conversion kit as well to do the deed? What other small components will I need to buy/retrieve to to get this thing roadworthy again? (I'm guessing that I'll have to purchase new bearings, ball joints, and rotors)

Also, will I need to do any work on my master cylinder or brake lines with this? My 93X has the evil ABS system and extended braided steel brake lines... I think from Skyjacker as well, but is otherwise stock.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm pretty sure it would work.I was going to do this but just did cross dilled and sloted from r1 and doing a disc brake swap rear.

With the pain in the ass a rear disk swap would be, I'm choosing to wait till I can just buy a ford 8.8 with rear disks and then do a gear setup on it with 4.10's - 4.56's or so. then grab a third member with a matching gear ratio and do a one day swap. Less downtime for my Beast and less headache for me.

Yea that's what I mean I'm swaping the whole rear

From reading all of the other threads on brake upgrades it sounds as though this should work, and I'm guessing that I will need the spindle lock nut conversion kit to do this. However, before I go out and buy all the parts I would really appreciate to hear from someone who's done both of these upgrades as to whether or not it will work, and what (if any) modifications I will need to do to the rest of the brake system?

Yes, the 37780 hubs will fit the '95-'97 Ranger rotor setup.

The spindle nuts are required to switch from auto hubs to manual hubs (of which the 37780s of course, are).

Thanks 4x4junkie, that is exactly what I needed to hear. I'll order the parts from TRS today.

Back