• Register Today It's free!

dana 44 full length swap

jholder12

Reaction score
City, State
Hazel Green Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
91' 2 door explorer
I have a 91 explorer sport that i am attempting to put dana 44 and a 9 inch rear under and am having trouble figuring out how to do the radius arms and steering arm from the pitman arm any advice would be much appreciated alson can i use stock springs on the front from a 78 F150 4 wheel drive thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site. There is a ton of info on a solid axle swap in the Off-road Projects Forum. Search through all of those and I'm sure you'll find your answer. Names that come to mind for a radius arm setup are:

Stic-o
bmxking5

I have the Sky Jacker radius arm mount/tranny cross member on mine.

when i did mine i used the stocke f-150 springs. leveld out nicely with the rear soa. but i might have just ben lucky lol. good luck. lets see some pics.

I would suggest looking under a vehicle that already has a radius arm setup to kind of get an idea of exactly what the suspension does as it travels. Also look at its steering components and how the steering linkages are affected during the suspension's travel.

Back