Dana 44 hubs on Dana 35

ryf

Reaction score
City, State
Portsmouth, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer XLT 4x4
d35 rear axle lockers/hubs on Dana 35 front

I was looking around a while back and found info on using a Supreme Warn manual hub ofr a d44 on the d35. I went and looked on some websites and found the spindel nut and washer kit is same for 44's and 35's, adding some truth/believablility/merit to the thought. I was thinking since the "better" hub is cheaper for the Dana, it might be something to try. has anyone else here tried it? I tried searching but to be honest searching for d44 hubs brings up SAS swaps, hehe so 2 hours later I'm posting this. If you or anyone you know has tried this, I'm seriously thinking of dropping the dimes to give it a whirl, but thought it would be an easier bet if someone else has forged this trail before, pitfalls, failures, so forth.

Premium duty DANA 44 AXLES 20990 $84.95
SPINDEL NUT & WASHER KIT ALL DANA 44 AXLES 32720 $42.95

1990-1994 standard duty EXPLORER HUBS ONLY 29071 $149.95

1990-1997 EXPLORER & RANGER
CONVERSION KIT FOR AUTO HUBS 32720 $42.95

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok? you want to put a dana 44 hub on a dana 35 spindle?

the dana 44 hub is a complete different assembly then the dana 35 hub. Also i believe its an inch-two longer, Also the bolt pattern is different. its going to require the dana 44 spindle and stubshaft, which is going to require dana 44 knuckles modified to fit dana 35 beams or dana 35 knuckle machined to fit a dana 44 spindle. Not going to be as simple as replacing the hub.

as stated before, my memory wasn't true, " It seems they are d35 rear axle lockers for Jeeps.. makes more sense." I think I overlapped the d44 (since the spindle nut kit is same) with what I'd read somewhere about a better hub for the ex.. it does exist, but it is a D35 kit for a newer jeep. sorry for confusion. I'll try and alter the title

Back