Dana 44 Install 93xlt | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Dana 44 Install 93xlt

Well I just wanted to let you all know I just started gathering my part to do my SAS. I paid $250.00 for a 79 Bronco frame with a Dana 44 hp and two rear axles. There not in the best of shape but with I little bit of work and some cleaning I should be on my way. I found a 1974 ford 2wd at the wreckers and he wants $50.00 for the coil buckets. :burnout:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
welcome to the site... keep us posted on the progress... we love seeing stuff liek that in action

brnbomr

Reaction score
City, State
novato,ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
92,ex. 2000 7.3l
the coil buckets i found are very hard to find a stable place to mount them if i were you and this is what i did is move the spring plates in on the axle it looks cleener and you can get more flex. what size and load springs you gonna run?

james t

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Texarkana AR/TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 SAS sport
I assume you're gonna stay fullwidth?

brnbomr

Reaction score
City, State
novato,ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
92,ex. 2000 7.3l
hows it coming? got any pics?

Hard_TGT

Reaction score
City, State
Oromocto NewBrunswick Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
Sas

brnbomr said:
hows it coming? got any pics?
Well I tried to up load my picks but I was unable to. I'm still getting my stuff together to do the swap and I still have to rebuild the axles I’ve been pretty busy with work and yes I’m going full width and I’m thinking about using Sky Jackers 5.5 coil springs.