Dana 60/9 inch/351 engine/C6 tranny | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dana 60/9 inch/351 engine/C6 tranny

well i have a 92 explorer sport with f150 coil springs shackel lift and and 3in b.l runnin 33's...well i wanted to go and get the 6" lift for it but i figured i do that and run 35's after a while say good bye to the front end wouldent last to long....so right now i have a 9in rearend out of a 79 f250, a 351 engine out of a galaxie and a c6 trans, and i figured for the front if im gonna do it im gonna do it right i was on danatrac's web sites compareing front end's and im deff going with the dana 60 as compared to the dana 44 it is ten times more stonger and will last longer.so my plans are to spend 3200 on the motor and get 700hp out of that change the gear in the 9in to either a 456 or 511 beef the trans up and then order a dana 60 from dynatrac with either 456's or 511's undecided i am not going to get the axles shortened so way less top heavy if i dont and gonna run leaf springs for my lift my goal is to be running 44's or 53'' mich tires i know big diff there but you get the point i am gonna start tareing apart the motor this weekend and order all my parts soon tell me what you guys think and ill keep updated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Might as well get a dynatrac rear 60 while you are at it, a 9" isn't really up to the task of that many ponies and those big meats. ;)

edit: BTW, congrats on winning the lottery!!!

i might as well do that...lottery man i wish ive been gettin the stuff i got for it now pretty cheep so im lucky so far cant wait to start it

HEHE, well the cheap part is over if you got that route. Dynatrac Pro 60s are gonna run ya about $6000 EACH. Couple grand on tires. SAS steel and misc stuff, maybe $1K. T-case?

Plan on $15K MINIMUM. :eek:

Wow. Someone has some deep pockets. Sounds awesome I am ready to see this thing. Yea I would est. more along the lines of $17k. Good luck.

Sounds like a bad ass rig man, same set up I plan to someday put into my truck as far as the engine and tranny combo goes....same with the rear end - havent decided if I want the ranger on a solid axle or if I want a highly modified TTB for the dunes yet though....

thanks ill keep you guys updated

Back