Dana 60 all the way | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dana 60 all the way

A friend of mine offord me a deal that i could not turn down. He sold me a set of full size dana 60's with 4.10 gears and ARB lockers, and front a rear dics brakes for $1300, not kidding. The axles the selves are only two years old. They ccame out of his 1980's f-250.I really really really want to use them, but not sure were to start. Everything lines up right for the rear and front, but i dont know how safe it is to shorten the axles or how much of a pain in the butt it will be to keep them full legnth. The rest of the technichle stuff i got a my mechanic to figure out. The reall question is do i cut or not. What do you think.

Thanks, Jason:bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

shouldnt be any questions

NO QUESTIONS!!!!

go leaf spring front and rear and slap those babies in!!!
OH YEAH!!!!

thats what i'm looking at doing myself
leafsprung dana60, 4.56s, arb.

how short to cut it though? thats also my question.

I was actually thinking of putting a set of fox racing coil overs in front.

i have a heavy front bumper (300+pounds) plus the winch, so leafs will last longer for me.
i dont wanna be putting new coils in every year.

Godspeed,

Do a search. If I'm not mistaken there was a discussion about cutting down the axles including how much. If you can't find anything when you search, you might want to change the name of the thread to "How much to cut?"

I would cut because many 4x4 trails are narrow and those extra inches could make a difference. IMHO.

Back